PDA

View Full Version : Lousy Weather

Tony Buzolich
05-31-2011, 05:54 AM
I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm getting damn tired of this cold weather. I moved to Yuba City because I like the heat. It felt like Sacramento when I was growing up as a kid. Memorial Day's were always hot then, and now this weather feels like winter with no end in sight.
I've considered Florida or San Diego but the kids all live up here. I used to love to wet wade for shad but not now. Water temperature on the Feather yesterday was 57 degrees with a howling wind and the fish were scattered because of the weekend boat traffic. Throwing a fly was next to impossible but we still ended up with stripers to 12lbs. and even took another steelhead accidently.

I just ordered a new set of bibs and I'm going to have to dig out the parka if this keeps up.
TONY

Ralph
05-31-2011, 06:56 AM
Tony, if it were 95 degrees the Feather would have been blown due to snow melt. Then you'd have something else to complain about. Don't blame your kids for making you live in what you consider to be a miserable place.
I rather enjoy this wet spring. Don't remember seeing so many wildflowers this late in the year.

lee s.
05-31-2011, 08:02 AM
Ahhhh Tony,
Won't be long and you'll be
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/leesoares/CIMG0287.jpg
again.
.....lee s.

Tony Buzolich
05-31-2011, 08:22 AM
Thanks for reminding me Lee. Those were sure some fun days sloshing around the low-flow chasing salmon with the girls.
TONY

shawn kempkes
05-31-2011, 09:14 AM
C'mon man cry me a river it sounds like the fishing sucks. You know its been a long winter when the locals here in forks are complaining about the juneuary weather we are having.

Mike O
05-31-2011, 11:21 AM
Not complaining...I love this stuff. Mucho better than 100+...except for my tomaters

Frank Alessio
05-31-2011, 11:22 AM
Wow.... Do not... I repeat DO NOT complain about the WEATHER on This Board.....What were you thinking TONY

Jgoding
05-31-2011, 11:03 PM
And my cherries mao..... the birds were bad enough, and the squirrels, then the cherry vinegar fly.... the rain a few days ago cracked a few.... now they're almost there and it's raining again.....

Ralph
06-01-2011, 06:40 AM
Lettuce loves this weather, but the tomatoes are spinning their wheels. Cherries are dead.

jayclarkflyfishing
06-01-2011, 08:03 AM
We have not been able to even plant our garden here in the Sierra Valley as night time temps stay in the mid to upper 20's.A day of sun and NO wind is all I am wishing for at this point.

Jay