PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Report

Bull_Dog
05-29-2011, 10:28 AM
I hosted a bachelor party at the lake yesterday.

We got a late start which is normal on a bachelor party trip.

Met my clients about 9:00 am in Reno and we got to the lake and started fishing about 10:30 am

Memorial day weekend at the lake. RV's and Campers averywhere. At least 100 at the south nets and nobody fishing. 50 more at Pelican and nobody fishing. The crowd is changing for sure.

The water is about 55 degrees. No fish cruising maybe due to the fact that winter is still holding on.

We ended the day with 25 fish to hand and maybe three or four over 5 pounds but no monsters. Black Maholo midges with a white bead seemed to be the ticket.

Weather was perfect (for pyramid anyway) cloud cover and good wind. Fishing is slowing down but still worth the trip. The water is coming up quick due to run-off and some of the beaches are too deep to wade out to the shelf. Weird year. I still have not seen the big numbers of fish in shallow water like most years. Maybe it is not going to happen this year.

With all the run-off we might be fishing Pyramid until the end of June!

jayclarkflyfishing
05-30-2011, 07:24 AM
Stick a fork in her Rob as she's done!Time to fish the other lakes!

Jay

Bull_Dog
05-30-2011, 03:03 PM
Stick a fork in her Rob as she's done!Time to fish the other lakes!

Jay

Yeah but I can't take a 6 person Bachelor Party to other lakes as easy as the Mid.

Man they had police and rangers everywhere for mem. weekend.

jayclarkflyfishing
05-31-2011, 07:37 AM
My last trip out there had a couple of RAGING parties near us.I hope they liked being woken up at 5am!Good to hear the cops and rangers were making there presence known.You are right Rob;there is no easier place to take large groups fishing and have a reasonable chance of success.

Jay