PDA

View Full Version : Good Day

pvsprme
05-22-2011, 05:16 PM
My 28 year old daughter has come back to the light. I taught her & her sister to fish years ago; Manzanita Lake, No CA & local Sierra, but it's been about 10 years since she picked up a rod. Life has a way of gettin' in the way; school, marriage, kids, job. Out of the blue, she decided she'd like to accompany the old man. I'm not naming names, but most will reckognize where we went, it's not a secret spot. This years fish are nice! very few with ragged fins, good sized and acrobatic and strong. Not as good as a couple weeks ago but 3 in the boat at 16-19", thick and solid and many LDR's. Fished a little meadow creek on the way out, nice browns & brookies.
Numbers don't matter to me, I'm glad she got some and had a good time. It was good to get my daughter back, if only for a while. She did ask me to take her daughter and teach her to fly fish; she's only 2-1/2, so we've got some time.

jbird
05-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Excellent!!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Really special.....great photos.

Randy B
05-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Very heart warming. Thanks for providing some hope...glad to hear they come back.

Is that a bear in the background of the picture of you and your daughter?

pvsprme
05-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Very heart warming. Thanks for providing some hope...glad to hear they come back.

Is that a bear in the background of the picture of you and your daughter?

I thought that too at first glance, it's a stump.