PDA

View Full Version : Frenchman????

Scott V
05-15-2011, 02:26 PM
Anyone got any reports on Frenchman, I am heading there next weekend and was wondering if the fishing was any good.

Thanks for any info.

koffler
05-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Scott-

This post was made by 'Bulldog' on 5/11 in the general fishing section; I'll be up at Davis/Frenchmans this Thursday through Sunday. If you see a green/black/white clackacraft floating around stop by and say hi.

Frenchman’s Reservoir

Lots of anglers are finding fishing relatively fast and furious. Some nice size rainbows are being caught along with the normal 13 to 15 inch fish. Probably the best bet in the Eastern Sierras right now. Access is easier that Davis with most everything easy to get to. There are some Midges around and fishing Zebra Midges under an indicator has been really effective. The fish are very active and are eating just about anything.

Jason

Scott V
05-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks Jason I missed that. I will be in the bay that is after you cross over the dam. I am easy to spot, I'll be the guy in the blue Fishcat float tube with the rod rack on the side with rods sticking straight up. If I see a drfit boat I'll give a hollar at you.

jayclarkflyfishing
05-16-2011, 10:41 AM
There are some decent fish being caught at Frenchman's. Midging(blood midge and zebra,snowcone,and rootbeer) under a bobber is producing as well as stripping sheep creeks, wiggle tails and small buggers on an intermediate line. Big Cove has been constantly producing good numbers as well as Crystal Point. The north end of the lake is warming up nicely but the cold(18* this morning) and snowy weather the past few days will have brought down water temps a bit.Be prepared for cold weather and wind and hope for some sunshine and warmth!

Have fun Scott!

Jay