PDA

View Full Version : New Motor !

Tony Buzolich
05-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Well, I finally did it and bought a new motor for my boat, a Mercury 115hp 4 stroke. Actually more motor than the boat needs but engine choices were some what limited. Honda and Yamaha both are having production problems because of the tsunami that Japan had a few weeks ago. Mercury is AMERICAN right out of Wisconson.

In any case I've got it on and now comes the slow process of break-in. Don't go too fast too soon, varie the speed, max it out for one minute every ten minutes, don't build up a ridge on the cylinders, etc. etc. you get the idea. It's a slow process.

Yesterday I took it out on the water for the first time and it feels like a whole different boat. Everything is different especially the torque steer to the right with the bigger prop. Give it a little gas and this old girl wants to fly. A few more days of break in and we'll be chasing stripers all over the place.

Got word from a friend that the Yuba is going to stay high clear in to August. Now if it will just warm up a bit.
TONY

Greg F
05-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Tony, Adjust your trim tab anode to the right to stop the motor from pulling right.

Greg

Tony Buzolich
05-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Thanks Greg.

I did that yesterday but haven't put it back in the water yet to test it out. I'll carry a wrench if I have to adjust that again on the water.
TONY