PDA

View Full Version : Lagoon Valley in Vacaville

Scott V
05-11-2011, 10:47 AM
This is that lake next to I-80, anyone ever fish it? I drove by there yesterday and it looks as if there is a little boat ramp so I am assuming you can go in there with a float tube. There was no one around to ask about the lake so I am looking for any info.

Thanks

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-11-2011, 11:06 AM
There is a fairly new little sporting goods store off the freeway on the south side around Vacaville, CA, "Guns, Fishing & Other Stuff ". I think it is hunting and conventional fishing for the most part.

http://www.gunsfishing.com/

A really nice young man around 18 years of age works there and has a passion for fly fishing. He was in our shop a few weeks ago and we had a great chat with him.

They might have some knowledge of the local area?

joshfish
05-11-2011, 12:09 PM
when i was a kid i used to ride my bike out to there and fish for bluegill and bass. i believe there was catfish and i think they tried stocking sturgeon in there. this was 20 years ago so i dont know what its like now. as far as boats. yes there is a ramp and it was electric motors only.

Ed Wahl
05-11-2011, 06:52 PM
A few years ago David Lee and myself hit it on a very windy day. David caught a Sacramento Perch, which was our target. I was skunked. They are rather hard to find locally now but before the introduction of the foreign invasives, ie all the Bluegill and Sunfish that are now caught the Sacramento Perch was our one and only native panfish.

I tried fishing there in March but came up skunked again. Maybe conditions have changed though.

It's a different looking fish and worth a trip to see it.

Ed

Tony Buzolich
05-11-2011, 08:43 PM
I had my store in Vacaville for almost thirty years and I tried fishing there several times but it never seemed to produce. I know there are a few blue gill and a few blackbass and lots of carp but nothing that would ever make me stop there again. Unless,,,,, it was heavily planted with warmwater fish. The water never was clear or even looked clean because it is simply a low spot for drainage from the hills behind it.

Too bad too because it really looks inviting with easy access.
TONY

Scott V
05-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Tony I drove around the place yesterday and the water looked really clear. I am going to try and fish it next weekend.

Xnjb707X
05-11-2011, 09:14 PM
It dried up to almost nothing a few years ago.. There still might be some blue gill in there. Try not to get attacked by the over populated geese on the water.

- Nic

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-11-2011, 10:38 PM
What about getting it planted? Is that possible?