PDA

View Full Version : WTB discontinued RIO outbound lines

Loren E
05-09-2011, 01:52 AM
If you have any of the older RIO outbound lines that were discontinued, I am looking for them, specifically the coldwater 13 weight floater and type 3 sink. Thanks! -Loren

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Not sure they made it that big?

We have some smaller sizes at 50% off.

Loren E
05-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Hey Bill, they made them up to 14 weight. I found a 13 weight coldwater F/I, now I just need to find the matching full float for poppers.

jbird
05-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Hey Bill, they made them up to 14 weight. I found a 13 weight coldwater F/I, now I just need to find the matching full float for poppers.

Is someone planning a bill fish trip?? GTs perhaps? ;-)

Loren E
05-09-2011, 10:03 PM
I wish JBird! If my fantasies came true it would be for a trip to the remote south pacific to chase GTs.

In reality I am playing with some new double handed rods for overhead casting in the surf for stripers. The way to go for throwing a 4/0 Ron Dong Crease Fly consistently is with a stiff double hander and a LOT of grains....more efficient than getting tired with a single hander anyway! Maybe won't get an amazing fight out of the fish compared to an 8 weight single hander but a popper blow up is so worth it.

The next rod I want to play with needs about 550 grains, hence the outbound 13s looking primo.

-Loren

jbird
05-10-2011, 06:51 AM
Interesting. Looking forward to hearing how this works out. Not sure if youve looked into Beulahs line of surf rods? Theyre long and light and do not require the heavy grain weight of a spey rod.