05-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Any reports?

Steve R
05-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Ready for next weeK?
Steve

FISHEYE
05-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Steve, you know I am. I am going nuts with anticipation about the Baja and then kings and spring rainbows and then our big poon trip. Phil

Jay Murakoshi
05-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Senor Jay Aqui,

Been waiting for something to write about. Fishing has taken a 180 degree change from last week and the week before.
Yesterday, we had to make the trip to Punta Pila for bait a long ride but smooth. The water conditions are changing daily. Lot's of GREEN water all over the place. After getting bait, we fished around the island and caught a few small roosters and jacks. Then my partner and I headed out to the deep to look for a marlin or two. Two hours of dragging a spreader bracket with rubber squid and no marlin. Headed to the beach for some pez gallo, only saw a few. So we headed back towards Muertos and stopped at Punta Perico where there were some HUGE dog tooth snappers, snapping. I tell ya, ya don't want to foul hook one, ripped a line apart. Others caught jacks, roosters, lot's of lady fish, etc We had fun but no sore arms.

Day Two was a little different. We headed south and I mean south. Got the bait just short of PUnta Pescadero (East Cape) But the weather conditions were like the Monterey Bay.
Heavy fog, drippy, cold and wet. We could of used a GPS but it soon broke up and got sunny and warm. Lot's of roosters & Jacks in the area but nothing big. I would say 12lbs might of been the big one. But my partner broke on off that was a pretty decent size.
I caught a few in the 6 to 9lb range but didn't fish hard, since this was only day two and I have 42 more fishing days to go. I was doing more video shooting than anything elee. Plus I was letting Efren fish most of the day. So today was a little better but tomorrow should be even better, a south wind is blowing and should move some warmer water and fish up into our area.
Only saw two dorado at the buoys yesterday and had one around the boat at Boca del Alamo

Gotta run, going to Rancho Viejo

Jay

Steve R
05-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the report. AHH, Al Pastor y cerveza, es bueno.
Steve

Katz
05-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Jay, I know they would be unlikely on a fly but are they catching any squid in your area at this time?

K

Jay Murakoshi
05-11-2011, 10:10 AM
They have caught a few squid on the La Paz side but very few in nothing of the other side.
Reports from a couple fishing operators have told me that there was squid all around on the Las Arenas side but the captains say different.

Jay