PDA

View Full Version : Where to go this Saturday?

Scott V
05-05-2011, 08:08 AM
I really need to get out and try for some trout on a nice lake somewhere. I am wondering if Red Lake or any of the other lakes up higher have lost their ice and are ready to be fished. I was also thinking of Indian Creek Reservoir, so if anyone has been up that way or knows if the lakes are free of ice let me know please. I did the kick out over the ice until it broke so I could get in the water thing last year at Red Lake and am not really wanting to do that again.

Any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated. And if anyone wants to join me feel free.

Darian
05-05-2011, 08:37 AM
It's a bit too early for ice out at Red Lake. Maybe the water around Markleeville.... :?: :?:

Chris Evison
05-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Indian Creek res rarely freezes over and is clear of ice now. The East Carson (and all area rivers for that matter) are blown. 70 degrees at 7800ft in mtns today and tomorrow with wind equals the highest river levels so far this spring. LT was bumped up to 650cfs+ and could go higher as the watermasters play the inflow/outlow balancing game. East Walker is to 268cfs, but won't hold their for long. Truckee River from Tahoe City to Truckee is best fished early, before runoff from the smaller streams boost the flows in the afternoons.

Pyramid is fishing good. Davis has had some fair reports and is ice free.

Weather changes to cool and wet for late in the weekend. Windy saturday and moisture on sunday/monday.

Hope this helps.

Eric M
05-06-2011, 06:19 AM
Indian Creek Res. fishes well this time of year. As you probably already know Dave Kirby at Woodfords Station has all the info for the area. Might head there myself early next week! Thanks for your humor Scott, good one!

Scott V
05-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the info everyone, but it looks like I get to get the brakes replaced on my car Saturday. They just started to squeak, but I am going to Indian Creek next weeke for sure. It is one of my favorite places to go.

rtb215
05-06-2011, 12:05 PM
I was up there yesterday (5 May), wind was steady from the southwest, die off for a half hour or so then blow again all day lone. Manager one smallmouth. There wee 6 to 8 trollers and it did not look as though they were doing very well.
Saw a guy at the second dam hook a very large fish in the 5lb range and that was it.
If the wind dies down it will hopefully improve.

Cmcculloch
05-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Scott, don't you need to work at the Store on Saturdays? Bill always did. We don't want the service to decline.