PDA

View Full Version : Baja Fly Fishing

Hatch
05-04-2011, 10:12 AM
There is a great article about fishing Baja with the famous Lucero family pangero's in the Spring edition of Fly Rod and Reel magazine. The family specializes in Fly Fishing. The are booked up solid during the good month's in spring and fall. I still have 2 spots available for a 4 night/3 day trip to the Isla Ceralvo area with the Lucero's. We stay with Gary Bulla @ Baja Joe's in La Ventana and it is very reasonable. $1150.00 and includes 3 days fishing (2 to a panga) and 4 nights stay with all meals and beer. Tips, bait , flight and transfer not included. If you are interested please call me or e-mail me. The dates are September 20-21-22-23-24.

Thanks
Maury Hatch
First Hatch Guide Service
(916) 716-FISH
firsthatchguideservice@yahoo.com

Darian
05-04-2011, 06:15 PM
I've been going down there with jay Murakoshi for several years and believe that Jay and Gary's hosted trips are a great value. Also, I hear Hatch is a great guy to fish with and his prices sound right. September is a beautiful time to visit that area after all of the summer rainfall greens up the surrounding mountains. The waters of the Cortez are warmer in the fall than in spring. That brings in some bruiser Tuna, Doardo and billfish for any takers. Fly fishing for these guys is absolutely great. I'd highly recommend this trip for anyone hunting dates in that time frame. :D

Hatch
05-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the nice post Darian. It is a good deal and the guys that go down there with me every year are very easy to get along with. I have info packets and a DVD if any one is interested. To sweeten the deal I will throw in a 1/2 day striper or shad trip on one of the local rivers for anyone purchasing the last 2 spots.
Thanks
Hatch