PDA

View Full Version : Kidd Lake info?

Mike O
05-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Does anyone have any helpful information about Kidd Lake off I-80? Especially looking to see if this is a good bank fishing lake for a bunch of kids to fish.

PM if you don't want to share info publicly.

Thanks
mike

DFrink
05-03-2011, 06:34 AM
Mike,

I camped there years ago, the bank fishing was okay. Theres lots to do in that area. Lake Valley Reservoir is close and it can have some pretty good bank fishing. Long Lake is less than a mile (?) hike from Kidd Lake and it may have better fishing? Cascade is right next door, but they draw it way down in the summer, I have heard the fishing is negatively impacted from this procedure. I have been wanting to go out to Kidd Lake and fish from the tube for a couple summers now, let me know how you do.

Dan

If you are interested in Lake Valley PM me and I will tell you a really good spot to take the kids where we usually catch fish.

Mike O
05-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the info. putting together the cub pack fishing trip again. I really appreciate the intel. I will PM you when I get back home to use my computer.

last year at Solano Lake was a dog, thanks to the eco-wakos and their "fisherman" friends who stopped the stocking of fish so kids can't fish locally (no....I'm not bitter or anything)....side note: Aren't rainbows of some variety native to that stream?? Can't we stock them?

We are thinking of trying to reserve the group camp at kidd lake in august...if it ain't already taken