PDA

View Full Version : FS: Sage, Winston, Ross, Abel, Orvis rods and reels

windknot
05-01-2011, 12:50 PM
It's time for spring cleaning part two, and since I'm getting ready to pack up to move at the end of the month, it'll be easier if I sell some of the gear that I'm not using before the move.

Reels:
-Orvis Battenkill Bar Stock (BBS) IV in titanium. Like new condition with no marks at all on the reel frame or spool, and only a bit of paint rubbed off on the edge of the reel foot keeping it from being perfect. Reel is SOLD.

-Orvis Battenkill Bar Stock (BBS) IV spool in titanium. Mint condition, looks flawless. Spool is SOLD.

-Abel TR2 in black. Good used condition, one ding on the edge of the spool and a bit of wear on both the spool and the reel frame, along with some paint rubbed away on the inside of the line guard. Comes with Abel nylon case and extra spring for the click and pawl drag, and there's also some backing spooled on which comes with the reel. Reel is SOLD.

-Ross Gunnison 2 (pre-1998 version) in black. Good used condition, some wear on the spool edge and the reel frame and the drag knob is a bit scratched up, but overall pretty clean. The spool is more of a matte black color than the reel frame, but the drag works perfectly (just put in a new clicker sent from Ross). Also comes with a Scientific Anglers Air Cel WF5S sinking line (black) in good used condition. Reel is SOLD.

Rods:
-St. Croix Legend Ultra 590-4, pre-IPC version. This has been my main 5-weight rod, so it's well-used with discoloration of the cork grip and a few scratches on the rod, but everything is perfect functionally and the cork can be cleaned up pretty good with a bit of scrubbing. Just picked up a few new 5-weights, so it's time to let this one go. Comes with St. Croix rod tube which has individual partitions for the rod pieces. Rod is sold.

-Winston LT 589-5 with zebrawood insert. Great condition, with only some minor discoloration of the cork grip keeping this rod from looking new. Comes with original Winston rod sock and aluminum rod tube, both in excellent condition. Rod is SOLD.

-Sage TXL 4710-3. Some discoloration of the cork grip but aside from that the rod is in excellent condition. Comes with original Sage rod sock and aluminum rod tube, the latter of which has a few scratches but overall looks clean. Rod is SOLD.

-Sage Xi2 890-4. Rod is in mint condition: it was only taken out once in freshwater by the original owner, and I just picked up another 8-weight rod that I think will suit my casting style better, so this one has to go. Comes with original Sage rod sock and aluminum rod tube, also in like-new condition. Rod is SOLD.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested in anything, or want to see some pictures. I prefer payment by money order, check, or Amazon Payments (can pay with your credit card for free), but I'll take Paypal if you're willing to front the ~3% fee.

Thanks for looking!
Matt

windknot
05-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Post updated to reflect new availability. I'm also throwing in a S.A. Air Cel WF5S line with the Gunnison now.

ssy
05-03-2011, 10:13 AM
Hey Matt, PM sent.