PDA

View Full Version : Ralph & Lisa Cutter promote the sport....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-28-2011, 10:20 AM
They have a very nice web site:

http://www.flyline.com/

For many years Ralph & Lisa have been heavily involved in promoting the fine sport of fly fishing.

They have published books, made top DVDs and have on going famous Fly Fishing school system.

Ralph is out there daily on the web helping with great answers and always searching for more information.

We appreciate Ralph's help here on our little BB.

Larry S
04-28-2011, 05:01 PM
The Cutters are top notch in my book. He does tell it like it is; which bothers some
people on occasion. I admire that.
Best,
Larry S

Dan LeCount
04-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Ralph and Lisa are good people, and they always supported our little Truckee River Outfitters shop and RFS. The Cutters along with Swisher/Richards and Lafontaine inspired me to take more scientific approaches, especially with my fly designs, but also with regards to my overall approach to fly fishing in general. I know theyve had a big impact on some of the younger crop of fly tyers besides me.

PS -the EC caddis is one of the best dry flies ever.

Ralph
04-29-2011, 08:24 AM
Thanks guys!

k9mark
04-29-2011, 11:23 AM
I just want to say I love Ralph's book Sierra Trout Guide. It's a great book I've recommended to everyone.

bigfly
04-29-2011, 01:17 PM
Let's not forget Cutters blood midge, goblin, etc.....
They have both have made a lasting contribution to the sport, and helped me personally see (better) the world under-water. I might have given up on the Truckee without their input.
Ralf's tip, to swim with the fishes, made a big difference. And their DVD is indispensable, both for fishers and tyers.
Thanks guys.

Jim

Lisa
04-30-2011, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the kind words! I should read this forum more often!

Frank R. Pisciotta
05-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Lisa & Ralph---The accolades are well deserved.

Frank R. Pisciotta

oldtrout
05-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Several years ago my wife cornered Ralph in his driveway and asked him if C&R fishing injured trout.

Ralph answered my wife's questions honestly and with such aplomb, all the time acting the perfect gentleman. I can never thank Ralph enough for his masterful handling of this encounter.

I can say first hand that lesser men have wilted under my wife's interogation.

Ed Wahl
05-01-2011, 06:18 PM
There I was, a young gung ho new flyfisher back in the 80's. I was happy, I was content. Then one day I got to looking through a copy of Ralph's Sierra Trout Guide while shopping in the Fly Hutch.
Things just went downhill from there. I got stoked on Ralph's descriptions of the high Sierra and the fish that dwelt there. They seemed so exotic, so remote, so damn interesting that I couldn't stop thinking about them.
So I got a taste. Then another. Then a few high country trips and before I knew it I was hooked. I'd become a junkie. I've got a monkey on my back and I blame Ralph for it.

And I can't thank him enough.

Ralph, should I ever run into you with a bit of warning I've got my first copy of your book, it's all dog eared, torn, and has a bunch of notes in it but that'd be the one I'd like you to autograph.
Ed

Ralph
05-02-2011, 07:03 AM
Sorry about that Ed.
Mail me the book and I'd be honored to scribble something in it. I might even send it back. 14140 Sunrock Rd., Nevada City, 95959
~R

YEM
05-02-2011, 10:49 PM
I am in the middle of Fish Food right now and enjoying it a lot. I read one or two chapters each night just before turning out the lights. Nice to fall asleep thinking about fishing and nature. Of course, Sierra Trout Guide is a classic. Big fan of Ralph and Lisa here!

Dave

Ned Morris
05-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Ralph is the real deal. I don't what he thinks of me back then finding out some secret spots but meeting him 12 years ago at a friends house and getting the autograph on my copy I felt...well honored. See you again someday Ralph and maybe one day on the Yuba.

Ned

There I was, a young gung ho new flyfisher back in the 80's. I was happy, I was content. Then one day I got to looking through a copy of Ralph's Sierra Trout Guide while shopping in the Fly Hutch.
Things just went downhill from there. I got stoked on Ralph's descriptions of the high Sierra and the fish that dwelt there. They seemed so exotic, so remote, so damn interesting that I couldn't stop thinking about them.
So I got a taste. Then another. Then a few high country trips and before I knew it I was hooked. I'd become a junkie. I've got a monkey on my back and I blame Ralph for it.

And I can't thank him enough.

Ralph, should I ever run into you with a bit of warning I've got my first copy of your book, it's all dog eared, torn, and has a bunch of notes in it but that'd be the one I'd like you to autograph.
Ed