PDA

View Full Version : Been to quiet...Delta report

Spicytuna1
04-28-2011, 10:09 AM
I know its still fairly early in the season but this board has not had much as far as Delta LMB reports going on.

Headed out last night for a few hours had a hard time finding clean water in the East Delta but did find some clear water at 66 degrees. Went 0 for 2 on top with a black rainy's popper. Might head out again tonight.

If anyone has been out let us know.

andanb
04-29-2011, 11:10 AM
I've been out a few times with mixed results. I think the real good fishing starts significantly earlier than most think in the south delta. Three weeks ago I landed a 5.5 lb(on the boga) female that was already post spawn. The fish start spawning in Feb through...maybe June. By targeting top water you avoid abusing the spawning fish.

Last Saturday not a breath of wind allowed me to fish anywhere I wanted. I had 7 blow ups...two hooked, 4 stung only one landed. All the blow ups were...heart in your mouth-scream like a little girl-talk to yourself for an hour if you miss...blow ups. It was a lot of fun, but still 1 for 7 pretty much stinks.

Too much wind for me Saturday...but I'll be out there soon.

KD
04-29-2011, 11:45 AM
The LmBass bite has been OK. You need to find areas where these fish are setting up camp. Not all of the fish are up and once you find an eater you'll find more in the area. I wouldn't consider the water color a major factor. We pulled a nice fish out of some pretty muddy water yesterday about midday. The wind was work. Not all areas are holding fish right now so keep looking until you get some grabs. With the unsettled weather pattern of late these fish will move up and pull back with lousy weather. Some are on beds, some are still staging, and some are in postspawn. This is not off the mark for April. Many are still cruising camp. It's getting better by the day. Stable weather is most critical right now. Stay on it! Averaging around a dozen eats a day on top. We've dropped some big ones:(. Cherry pick the warm afternoons to your advantage.

OceanSunfish
04-30-2011, 09:49 PM
The wind and weather is slated to stabilize next week just in time for the runup to the FLW event. (Low to upper 80s by next weekend!)

It's going to be interesting to see what kind of weight per day average it will take to win...... And, I think many many different types of 'baits' are going to be successful too vs. the tournament being a jig bite or a weightless worm bite or a spinnerbait bite or a swimbait bite, etc. I think all are going to work... so it's going to be wide open for a winner, not just a particular type of angler.....

Good stuff.

BTW, glad to hear you're able to get out on the water.....

Spicytuna1
05-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Spent yesterday afternoon on the water for a big skunkaroo. Threw subsurface and topwater in a couple of of my go to spots for nothing. Ran around a little bit and was able to go 0 for 3 on top. Covered a lot of water and probably should have thrown more subsurface than I did but I am a topwater junkie, can't help it. Will keep reporting as I go but am hoping this weather will turn it around and get some fish looking up. Now the waiting game is on.

Temps were aournd 64 and found clarity up to 4-5 feet at some places.

Spicytuna1
05-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Headed out last night and finally put some fish in the boat after three skunks. Had to hit the North Delta to do so but found some decent action. And pulled off something I never thought possible on the Delta, the Grand Slam. We landed Crappie, Bluegill, Lmb, and a striper. They were loving the clouser last night. Also stuck a good fish on top. This is only the beginning\\:D/

Scott V
05-05-2011, 11:16 AM
All I can say is I miss my boat, if I still had it I would be out there myself. Insted I get to keep hitting up ponds in my float tube.