PDA

View Full Version : pretty eerie

Ed Wahl
04-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Boy, I haven't been down here to the Conservation basement in a while.

It's sure dark down here, very quiet.

And a little spooky.

I can hear crickets off in a corner somewhere, and a little scratchy noise now and then. Wonder what that is. :paranoid:

Anyhoo, I just saw this on the Bee's site and thought I'd post the link here, just in case.

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/04/27/3584190/volunteers-needed-to-help-rescue.html

What was that? I swear I heard something.

I'm outta here man. :eek:

Ed

Darian
04-27-2011, 08:58 PM
That's just me reading again.... :-\"

It's amazing that this "trap" at the Fremont weir hasn't come up in prior years. If the authors estimate of the number of trapped juvenile Salmon are correct, DFG should be interested in rescuing them.... Same for any Sturgeon. They're both endangered/threatened aren't they :?: This doesn't sound like it should be a volunteer type rescue. :confused: I'm wondering if DFG is aware of it and have made an assessment already.... :confused: Kinda seems like a "quarter of a million" stranded juvenile Salmon would attract a bunch of attention from the powers that be.... It seems like that many stranded Salmon would be mostly hatchery fish....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-27-2011, 10:03 PM
We drive over the Yolo Bypass a lot coming and going from our home in Davis, CA.

On the way home one year when the water was dropping and just right with no wind I saw big vees out there of large fish cruising in shallow water.

I am sure lots of fish get standed out there.

Larry S
04-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Ed:
Welcome to the underground. Darian is probably the dungeon master and
deservedly so. He really stays up (can I use that word down here) on many
of these matters.
On the serious note, we all need to be stewards for our beloved waters. Many of the
so-called animal-rights folks are more concerned about us fishing folks having fun.
With the opening of trout season this Saturday, all of us should consider a contribution
of money and/or time to our favorite organization. If nothing else, do your own
lake/stream clean-up.
Best to the Kiene brothers and sisters.
Larry S

Ed Wahl
04-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Well said Larry.

[QUOTE If nothing else, do your own
lake/stream clean-up.
Best to the Kiene brothers and sisters.[/QUOTE]

I'm a big fan of keeping one's home waters tidy. I keep my stream (that's right, I own it, it's mine) picked up whenever the pigs spoil it. Usually right after Memorial Day and Labor Day.

I'm happy to help with other fisher's streams as long as they understand it's recriprical.

I think that most fisher's with favorite streams already do it anyway, otherwise all the accessable Sierra creeks would be dumps.

Ed