PDA

View Full Version : I just got back from Pyramid - Pics inside

ryanerb
04-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Check it out
http://californiafishingblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/pyramid-lake-trip-april-14-16-2011.html

catch&release
04-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Nice Pics and Post. I seen my truck in the back ground. Saturday evening there was a great strip bite for me. In two hours I hooked 21 and landed 17 and caught them all on a red beatle. I was the last ladder North on the South Nets and had three other guys around me but I just seemed to have the hot hand! South Nets did fish slow the last three days but Wino and Sandhole fished great!

ryanerb
04-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Nice Pics and Post. I seen my truck in the back ground. Saturday evening there was a great strip bite for me. In two hours I hooked 21 and landed 17 and caught them all on a red beatle. I was the last ladder North on the South Nets and had three other guys around me but I just seemed to have the hot hand! South Nets did fish slow the last three days but Wino and Sandhole fished great!
ya, i heard that hole on the super north end of the south nets was hot. sad thing is, only a few people can fit up there. never tried a red beetle, maybe that was the right ticket? it was either like you were hot or not... glad you were hot!!! nice work! any pics? sat night i couldn't BUY a bite. i was strippin dark wooly worm and a dark beetle all the way till dark, i think i had one strike! so frustrating!

catch&release
04-20-2011, 09:56 PM
No Pics, biggest fish was 28" around 8 pounds I would guess. Had a fish over 10 pounds all the way to the ladder and came unbuttoned. It was the fourth fish of the trip and just got unlucky.

Saturday, 11am to dark landed 35
Sunday dark to dark landed 30
Monday, dark to dark landed 51

I love to fish the deeper beaches on the drop offs!

SHigSpeed
04-20-2011, 09:59 PM
No Pics, biggest fish was 28" around 8 pounds I would guess. Had a fish over 10 pounds all the way to the ladder and came unbuttoned. It was the fourth fish of the trip and just got unlucky.

Saturday, 11am to dark landed 35
Sunday dark to dark landed 30
Monday, dark to dark landed 51

I love to fish the deeper beaches on the drop offs!

Damn! That's almost work... almost.

Hope I can make it up while it's still rockin'.

_SHig

Blueracer
04-22-2011, 11:53 AM
See SHig, that's a lot more than I've ever caught there. Best I've done is 21 hits, 14 landed over an entire day vs. 2 hours.

C&R - what was the weather & wind like?

catch&release
04-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Wind blew pretty much all day except for some mornings. Wind straight out from you back at South Nets, no a very good wind at all. Even when the wind shifted and blew straight into our faces it still didnt blow the fish in like it normaly does. I bet its fishing realy good now, the fish started to move up into the shallows for the first time this year and you could see them behind the ladders and that is a very good sign. If you can get there in the next couple of weeks you should be able to blow them away and have some realy big numbers.

You dont have to always fish the shallow beaches, there are plenty of fish at Wino, Sandhole, plenty of deep drop off beaches that will hold alot of fish and far less crowds. I had Sandhole beach all to myself last monday from 3pm till dark with NO ONE TO BE SEEN and landed 37 fish.

Just because everyone else is lined up and want to fish on top of one another doesnt mean you cant catch 30 fish or more fishing all by yourself!

Try It!

Ernie

BruceSmith
04-23-2011, 07:53 PM
So it looks like the trip was a success, good going Ernie!:D

catch&release
04-24-2011, 04:00 PM
I spent more than a half day of just driving around from beach to beach. Thats why you need 5 days or soo to figure out the best beaches and then just pound them. If I would have started at SandHole in the o'dark thirty like I did South Nets, I know I would have been in the 80's that last day.

trying to get back next weekend for four days. Wife is throwing a fit! Well see!

Ernie

jayclarkflyfishing
04-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Ernie-
I can tell you where the fish are so you don't waste time driving around, but its gonna cost you.Maybe its time to take care of the family?

Jay