PDA

View Full Version : Unloading a bunch of rods and reels

LNelson
04-18-2011, 07:46 AM
See more recent ad for additional gear and updated prices.

estuaryboy
04-18-2011, 06:21 PM
I have that Diamondback 9x9, great rod and big B ass kicker from ME to NC, also one of the best looking graphite rods ever made...... at a great price!

salmotrutta77
04-21-2011, 10:11 PM
pm sent, thanx

LNelson
07-08-2011, 04:29 AM
Heading to Montana on Sunday for a couple weeks. Could get a rod or reel shipped today or tomorrow prior to leaving. Open to reasonable offers.

Bob G
07-08-2011, 11:22 AM
I have had this recurring question over the past few years, and finally decided to ask...Where do you acquire all the gear that you have been "unloading" over the years?

Thank You - Bob

Rich Morrison
07-08-2011, 03:41 PM
I've bought several rods and reels from him over the last year or so...all great stuff. I think he's a guide and tackle dealer and that's why he has all this stuff. He often has some really nice gear at very nice prices. This Scott 4wt has been winking at me for a while now...

Woodman
07-08-2011, 04:10 PM
I have had this recurring question over the past few years, and finally decided to ask...Where do you acquire all the gear that you have been "unloading" over the years?

Thank You - Bob

If he's anything like me, he buys stuff he maybe didn't need, then wants more stuff....it goes on and on. It might have been cheaper for me to take up gambling as a hobby.

LNelson
07-08-2011, 05:46 PM
I've bought several rods and reels from him over the last year or so...all great stuff. I think he's a guide and tackle dealer and that's why he has all this stuff. He often has some really nice gear at very nice prices. This Scott 4wt has been winking at me for a while now...

Thanks Rich. It has always been a pleasure. This 4wt is nice. I'd keep it, but I use my Steffen glass almost always when I fish a 4wt.

LNelson
07-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Woodman,

You are partially correct. I buy stuff at various venues on-line due to not having a flyshop within 65 miles of me, in short, I buy to try(although I wouldn't recommend that strategy). Some of the stuff I have up for sale are items that I decided that I would prefer something else, some I list for friends and other items I have for sale I would love to keep but due to economics and the likelihood that they will not get used much I need to move them. For example, there was a time when I was traveling to the Keys for two trips a year and fishing 15+days on the Cape for Stripers. That all has been reduced to about 5 days a year in the salt. Do I need 3 9wts and 3 8wts along with various big game reels anymore? No. One set up and a spare spool pretty much accommodates my needs at this point. In trout weights my attention has drifted to fiberglass and pack rods in recent years, thus many of my graphite 4-6wts are up for sale.

I sincerely appreciate Kienes having this classifieds available. I am amazed that even Bill will scan and comment on "good buys" in these classifieds when he is in the business of selling new gear. That is extremely generous of him.

If he's anything like me, he buys stuff he maybe didn't need, then wants more stuff....it goes on and on. It might have been cheaper for me to take up gambling as a hobby.

LNelson
07-22-2011, 04:48 AM
Back from Montana and ready to unload some gear. PM me offers.