PDA

View Full Version : T.F.O. Finesse 8' 9" - 4 wt.

Dave E.
04-13-2011, 08:21 AM
T.F.O. Finesse 8' 9" - 4 wt., 4 Pc. rod.

This is a factory built rod and in very good condition, but like so many T.F.O.'s that have seen some use, the cork is very pitted.

It comes with a rod sock. No rod case.

$90.00 Cash on the barrelhead, local pick-ups only.

P.M. Inquiries.

Thank you, Dave

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-13-2011, 09:58 AM
That is a nice light rod that is normally $199 new

pgw
04-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Dave,

Get some Fi : x Wood Patch in the "Light Mahogany" color (KB002)...ferr out the gouges in the grip, trowel this stuff in, let it dry and sand it (lightly) and it make a great replacement fill for them "cheap" grade corks that have flaws that are filled with cork shavings and elmers glue at the factories.

Paul

ps-yeah, the ":" between the i & x is part of the product name.

Dave E.
04-14-2011, 07:08 AM
Hi Paul,

I've build many rods, not knowing how to remedy the situation isn't why I'm selling the rod.

You know how it is with these " Rare & Fine " collectables http://www.kiene.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif ,buyers would rather have them in an unaltered state.

I still say the best fix for a T.F.O. cork grip when all the filler starts to fall out, is just don't look at it.

Thanks, Dave

Almost forgot ! Today and Today only. We're running an exclusive special on this beauty, just for Ex-Orvis managers who toiled in the darkness of Maiden Lane. You can take this one home with you for $89.95 cash and we'll throw in a cup of Joe at Fourbuck’s in Granite Bay.

pgw
04-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Hi Paul,

I've build many rods, not knowing how to remedy the situation isn't why I'm selling the rod.

You know how it is with these " Rare & Fine " collectables http://www.kiene.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif ,buyers would rather have them in an unaltered state.

I still say the best fix for a T.F.O. cork grip when all the filler starts to fall out, is just don't look at it.

Thanks, Dave

Almost forgot ! Today and Today only. We're running an exclusive special on this beauty, just for Ex-Orvis managers who toiled in the darkness of Maiden Lane. You can take this one home with you for $89.95 cash and we'll throw in a cup of Joe at Fourbuck’s in Granite Bay.

Tempting offer but my Sage 389LL, my Scott G884, my Russ Peak 8'9" 5-6-7, & my Fisher 8'8" 4-5 all may get jealous and quit functioning if another 8'9" rod showed up in the closet!

Now if it was a 10' 4wt...

Paul

onlymidges
04-16-2011, 07:31 PM
I sent you a PM about the fly rod.

Thanks Jr