PDA

View Full Version : Update from Capt Kevin Doran

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-12-2011, 07:20 AM
A personal note from Capt.Kev(KD)...
I would like to take this opportunity to discuss recent changes at Delta Adventures...

As of Jan 2011, Delta Adventures has changed ownership. It is no longer (KD’s) Delta Adventures. Capt.Marc Brown is the new owner. I hope all of you will welcome Capt.Marc and allow him the same opportunity you have allowed me to provide the guiding services and professional operation you have been accustom to. I am continuing to work with Delta Adventures as an independent contractor (capt.) on the boat and behind the scenes helping to assist with the transition and to move Delta Adventures into the future. Within this transition, not much will change. Now and through coming months I will be on the boat with Capt.Marc during trips as long as I am able. As I have (2) bad hips, I will at some point not be able to be on the boat with Marc once I undergo hip surgery. Currently, with both of us on the boat, this has shown to be a comfortable introduction for many to meet Capt.Marc as well as having two experienced captains working hard to make your outing the best it can be.
Delta Adventures continues with the same pro level industry support from Sage, Rio, Simms, Smith Optics, Umpqua Feather Merchants, and other top shelf manufacturers. As always, we have current model, top shelf equipment for your use on the boat. Very soon we will be working on website ( www.deltaadventures.com ) updates, a new blog, as well as some more video projects.
For those that might have heard rumors, I hope this note clears up the misinformation circulating around the fly fishing community. I am undergoing some significant mobility issues due to advanced osteoarthritis in both hip joints. Without health insurance it has been an arduous journey to find a way to get the surgeries. I am still working on that goal and hope to find resolve in the near future. I am honored with the concern, support, and assistance many of you have offered. This personal adventure? i am on has only just begun
and i greatly appreciate your concerns and friendships. In the mean time, Delta Adventures is alive and well! Looking towards the future, Capt. Marc hopes to expand operations and capacity to multiple vessels in operation once I have recuperated from hip surgeries. I am yearning for that day! I look forward to introducing you to Capt.Marc Brown if you haven’t met him already. For any booking inquiries you can continue to call or email either myself or Marc to coordinate your outing. I have provided Capt.Marc’s contact info below. Look for a newsletter update from us soon on what we are booking now! One hint: big mouth!

We will be at Kiene’s Expo on April 23rd so come by and say Hi!

As always, I am grateful and honored to have spent many wonderful days on the water fishing with you. Both Marc and myself look forward to many more!

Capt. Kevin Doran
capt.kev@deltaadventures.com

Capt.Marc’s contact info:
Capt.Marc Brown
capt.marc@deltaadventures.com
805/835-7229
2730 Canoe St.
Copperopolis, Ca. 95228