PDA

View Full Version : Waterproof camera recommendation?

WinterrunRon
04-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Okay, I've had it. I'm done trying to keep my camera and lens dry all the time. I just can't seem to be able to do it.

Your suggestion for a waterproof camera?

I'd prefer simple, affordable, easy to use, compact, takes nice photos, fully submersible.

Thanks for the advice.

Grampa Spey
04-12-2011, 07:40 AM
The camera is water proof up to 10 feet and shock proof to 5'.

I bought one after my Nikon was knocked out of my hand and fell about 1' on a table and broke.

My wife gave me the little orange life preserver that clips on the camera. The cameras are waterproof, but they sink. When we first started kayaking, we turned our yak over and everything went into the water. I grabbed my wife and the Yak, and she grabbed the Olympus and our GPS as they floated by her. The camera worked perfectly.

We put it with its life preserver in the cup holder of our Hobey Oasis Mirage Kayak and never worry about it. That way it is ready for photos like when you sneak up on a Bald Eagle.

We gave one to our younger son, who is an avid bicycle rider. He takes pictures in all types of weather, has dropped it on the road and other misshaps. He is more skilled with the camera and takes movie pictures and panoramas with his camera.

The underwater pictures are excellent with this camera. Olympus makes models that can go deeper, and I know a fellow who takes pictures of ships being retro fitted with his.

We call it the waterproof, shock proof and idiot proof camera.