PDA

View Full Version : 10 Ft. Outback Pram

Don Rotsma
04-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Cleaning out my shop, I will have several prams for sale. This one is a 10ft Outback Pram with launching wheels and hooks for electric boat loader. Has cam cleat anchor holders and is prewired for electric battery and motor. I have registation through 2011. This is a classic and started out as a mixture of Kevlar and glass. Wt is appoximately 94lb. No anchors or oars. Call Don 530-832-4047 home or 775-722-8418 cell (Cell does not work at home (Lake Davis) First $500 TAKES IT. I have have another 10ft outback and an 8ft TPL coming, just need to clean them up a little and some cosmetic repairs. Also have a 71/2 ft Plastic boat as shown on my web site available. Sold the Green one.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-10-2011, 09:17 PM
For many years Olympian boats have been made by Columbia Fiberglass near Seattle, WA.

Then in the 1970s in Los Gatos a small boat builder, 'TP&L' (Tom, Pat & Larry), "splashed" a mould off of the 8' and 10' Columbia.

Then around 1980 or so TP&L was bought by a guy named Brian and he started 'Outback Boats'. It is closed now.....

Later Jack Keaton stated making a similar series of tri-hull fiberglass prams in Sacramento. I don't think anyone is building these now either.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

I have floated and fished the Missouri River in this boat with Don.

These are very good boats to row or use an electric motor or outboard motor on.

You can car top or trailer this boat.

$500 is a bargain.

I think it is at Don's house on Davis Lake right now but if you bought it Don might bring it down to our Expo on April 23, 2011?

Ed Wahl
04-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Hey Bill, would you be willing to reserve a spot in the lot somewhere for a line up of prams? I'd love to be able to scope out whats out there in both prams and accessories.

Ed

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Why not.....

Jay Murakoshi
04-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Hey Don,
What condition is the TPL in? I'm always in the market for another pram. You know, one for every day of the week :-)

Jay

Don Rotsma
04-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Jay
The TPL is in great shape. Had some quail under it last summer and my hunting dog chewed the edge of the transom and a little on the middle seat trying to get at them (go figure). I plan to just refiberglass the rough area, but probably won't paint. It is white and I installed carpet on the floor. I had bought this one for my son, who decided he wanted drift boat instead. I know the deal about a boat for each day, I have a 21ft bass boat, 14 SB Raft, and 6 prams! Only selling 4 prams just in case my grandsons want some. And I still use the 10 ft Valco and 8 ft Hopper II. ( I really like the flat prams a lot more than the Hopper, but it takes the rivers better.