PDA

View Full Version : Free odc jet pack pontoon boat

chainsaw510
04-05-2011, 07:29 PM
I've got a 8 year old 8 foot long pontoon boat that needs some love.in the raft bag it weighs 43 pounds,pretty light.the right side pontoon needs to be replaced or patched.replacement is @120$ thru ODC.a rat ate it's way through the nylon and inner tube.if you can work a needle to patch the nylon and patch the pvc tube it's yours.pick up only .I live in the east bay,Ca.paid 450.00

SHigSpeed
04-06-2011, 08:14 AM
I've got a 8 year old 8 foot long pontoon boat that needs some love.in the raft bag it weighs 43 pounds,pretty light.the right side pontoon needs to be replaced or patched.replacement is @120$ thru ODC.a rat ate it's way through the nylon and inner tube.if you can work a needle to patch the nylon and patch the pvc tube it's yours.pick up only .I live in the east bay,Ca.paid 450.00

Oh man, if you were in Sac area I'd grab it for parts for sure! I love the red color.

Hope someone can give it a good second life.

_SHig

Jay Murakoshi
04-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Just what my friend is looking for. I'll take it and if you can hold I'll pick it up on the 23rd when I do Kiene's Fly Fair day.

Opps, I see you live in the East Bay, but can you hold on to it. Send me a PM with your phone and let's talk

Jay

chainsaw510
04-29-2011, 08:48 PM
I will be home May 2 for any questions.

trouterfan1
05-01-2011, 09:48 PM
If still available, this would be perfect for my boy who just turned 13 and is now ready for his own ride. I recently split the seam on my skeeter and thought it was done, but I revived it by picking up some marine grade denier cloth at Joannes fabrics along with some heavy duty glue and welded it inside and out good news they had the exact color and its better than new! looks like the catamaran on the movie waterworld but it's like a casio watch " takes a lickn and keeps on tickn".

Skagit Fly Guy
05-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Hi , make sure you take the fabric to a shoe maker or industrial fabric sewing company that will sew the material after you made the super glue repair. Why ? the sun, heat, water, make make the fabric give out ; not the glue. Then it would open . That could cause the boat to sink or fall apart while your son is in it. Just a precaution. Have a good time fishing with your kid. I am hoping my son will join me again ( he is 26 now )

Mike O
05-02-2011, 08:14 PM
If still available, this would be perfect for my boy who just turned 13 and is now ready for his own ride. I recently split the seam on my skeeter and thought it was done, but I revived it by picking up some marine grade denier cloth at Joannes fabrics along with some heavy duty glue and welded it inside and out good news they had the exact color and its better than new! looks like the catamaran on the movie waterworld but it's like a casio watch " takes a lickn and keeps on tickn".

Where did you find the cloth at JoAnne? Is it nylon or canvas? I am looking for heavy denier nylon (think backpack material) to build a float tube for abalone diving out of.

SHigSpeed
05-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Where did you find the cloth at JoAnne? Is it nylon or canvas? I am looking for heavy denier nylon (think backpack material) to build a float tube for abalone diving out of.

JoAnne will have heavy nylon pack cloth. You'll also find what you need at SeattleFabrics.com or Rockywoods.com.

Have fun with the project!

_SHig