PDA

View Full Version : Featherheads

oldtrout
04-05-2011, 05:07 PM
I was hoping this featherhead fad would fade, and fade fast. Alas, it's mutating on an exponential scale. Say goodbye to quality hackle at an affordable price...we're screwed.

http://www.conditionculture.com/_blog/Blog/post/Puppylocks_/

SHigSpeed
04-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Dog help us all!

The end of the world is nigh...

_SHig

SHigSpeed
04-05-2011, 05:24 PM
OTOH, if the "fad" gets huge, then we'll start seeing more supply to feed the demand. THEN, the fad will die, then all of this supply of really good stuff will be there, and we'll be able to get quality hackle for cheap!

We'll rule the world!!

Yeah, it could happen...

_SHig

loose_shoes
04-06-2011, 05:53 PM
OTOH, if the "fad" gets huge, then we'll start seeing more supply to feed the demand. THEN, the fad will die, then all of this supply of really good stuff will be there, and we'll be able to get quality hackle for cheap!

Unfortunately, what is likely to happen is that the producers over-extend or leverage themselves to meet the demand based on the current high prices.

When the bottom drops out of the fad then they are stuck with the bill and unable to continue production at anything less than the "bubble price".

At that point everyone goes out of business and the entire supply disappears. There might be the occasional clearance sale but after that - c'est fini!

Bummer...

Charlie S
04-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Everybody should go to the link above and make negative comments. The only way to stop this is to ridicule women who wear the feathers in their hair and laugh hysterically at dogs made up like those in the pictures, threatening owners with action by the SPCA for cruelty to animals.

SHigSpeed
04-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Everybody should go to the link above and make negative comments. The only way to stop this is to ridicule women who wear the feathers in their hair and laugh hysterically at dogs made up like those in the pictures, threatening owners with action by the SPCA for cruelty to animals.

<lol>. Cruelty to animals? You mean like killing them for materials to make implements to antagonize and kill other animals? :P

_SHig

FlyReelFisher
04-07-2011, 02:03 PM
"lice in those feathers, bed bugs, worms....fungal spores!"

That will get the women to stop putting them in their hair?

I wonder if the margin increased at all for the fly shops, or diminished. It does not seem like the fly shops Ive been around have discouraged any customer of feathers based on their particular hobby. Not that it even really matters, as these resourceful individuals bypass flyshops however they can.

Mike R
04-08-2011, 08:08 AM
If they want to have dead chicken parts hanging from their head, they should go with chicken wing earrings, too. Mmmmm, chicken wings.....

Mike

David Lee
04-08-2011, 08:25 AM
Why saddle ?? It's kind of bland , don't you think ?

Why not Jungle cock eyes , or Peacock , or Kingfisher ?? Kip tails .... now THERE'S something showy !!

D.~

P.S. - Bandanas and feathers on the Pooch are a little demeaning , IMO . Perhaps Rat and Cat skulls , ala Predator .... worn as a belt .

Mike O
04-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Well, it is officially a fad in my book.

My students have started wearing the feathers. I taped a few hackles on my (Buzz cut) head. They were very Jealous.

I am going to bring in my hackle collection to make it worse for them.

SHigSpeed
04-08-2011, 01:12 PM
I am going to bring in my hackle collection to make it worse for them.

Soooo cool! I'll have to try that - though I don't really have access to a school full of nubile herd mentality youth to test it out on - only nerd engineering types. On second thought, maybe not. ;)

_SHig