PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for the Quincy area this weekend?

JasonB
04-01-2011, 09:14 AM
I'm staying near Quincy this weekend, and will have some time to maybe (hopefully) dip a line. I'm not sure, but as near as I can tell all the streams are still closed around there. I'm not picky, any lakes in the area would be fine too if they are accessible. Open to any suggestions, preferably no more than an hour away though.
Thanks,
JB

monahan100
04-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Check with Allan Bruzza's Sportsmen's Den at

1580 East Main Street
Quincy, CA 95971
(530) 283-2733

He might have some ideas. Almanor might be an option. Bucks Lake is still under 15-20 feet of snow depending on the reports. I think the uppper Middle Fork opens early, but its probably blown out still and I'm not sure of the opening dates. Please post any reports though, I'm dying for an exuse to get up in that area without a snow mobile!

JasonB
04-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Thanks Mike, I had tried to contact Sportsmans Den, but they are on "winter break, steelhead fishing on the north coast" according to the answering machine. That didn't exactly build much further confidence, but I thought I'd try and find somewhere to fish anyways.

Troutstalker55B
04-01-2011, 11:57 AM
The Middle Fork Feather opens tomorrow from the A-23 Bridge to the mohawk bridge, it's high and if you were going to fish it would be sinking lines and big streamers. Almanor would be my choice right now. Good luck, and have fun.

Jon.