PDA

View Full Version : The "Great" Northwest

OregonSalmon
03-31-2011, 04:03 PM
Boys, and girls if you are out there, let me tell you about an Oregon Coast winter. Hell, you can replicate it in your own home. Get in the shower, turn the water on cold, and stay there for five months. Good spot for vampires since I haven't seen the mythical sun for longer than I can remember. It still exists doesn't it? Someone, tell me it exists! I'm crying right now but who can tell since I'm soaked from head to toe. It is a good spot to be a man in depression with emotional outbreaks since no one can tell if you are being a sissy. Water all over our faces. Only spot I can live with any manhood pride and watch the Academy Awards and see your pick for best supporting actress lose. No one can see the tears of a clown up here.
Springers are dwindling in. Best fish ever! Bit difficult on the fly. I'm working on it. Always a solution. Takes a sheetload of beer usually. Get close to that coma and the fish god will give you the answer. Also helps if you've been bitten by a rabid raccoon. Old Indian trick.
Until next time boys and girls, stay dry, stay safe, and keep your dog food safe in the garage. Those racoons are native theives.

FishyMe
03-31-2011, 10:20 PM
Good fishing??? I will be there in about three weeks hoping to catch my first fly rod steelhead. any recommendations on flies? i will be in the portland area.

Paul B.
04-01-2011, 05:31 AM
I think you have to ask the racoons...........

OregonSalmon
04-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Damn good question. These will be winter fish so I'd go with an articulated leech. Toss in some marabou types. Anything big. Lot of water headed to the sea. The boys at Kauffman's Fly Shop in Portland know a sheetload more than I about the area. You can also try the Welches Fly shop. Hell, all I can tell you is use something big, drink a tremendous amount of gin and don't wear underwear. Might not catch a fish on that plan but the chicks dig it. Well, not so far but I'm working on it.

OregonSalmon
04-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Hey, I've been talking to the damn racoons! Sparrows also. I may have gone feral but I do live in a trailer park so who can tell the difference. One did respond in a low chatter that I understood which has become worrisome. Oddly enough it was a stock tip but the damn rodent knew I didn't have a buck in pocket to invest! Damn stock doubled in a week! Always trust a rat to know a rat eh?