PDA

View Full Version : WTB: need a few 8wt reels

Icastnblast
03-30-2011, 03:23 PM
I am looking to replace a few 8 wt reels that I have on my bass setups. Purchased some Cabelas RLSs last year when the were on sale for dirt cheap, but not pleased with them. So if any of you guys are lookin to get rid of something let me know

I should say I prefer Big large arbors, and looks ARE important to me. If your gonna do something might as well look good doin it. Right?

Ohh and gotta replace a very crappy Cabelas SLA 6wt reel as well, that thing sucks. Looked cool, but is crap.

LNelson
03-30-2011, 03:39 PM
I have brand new in the box old style Ross Cimmaron in smoke grey. It is not a large arbor, but it is a great reel built in USA.

Icastnblast
03-30-2011, 04:15 PM
I have brand new in the box old style Ross Cimmaron in smoke grey. It is not a large arbor, but it is a great reel built in USA.

I need (maybe I should say "would like") a more aggressive looking reel than that.:cool:

Thanks for posting up though.

Took that reddington delta out the other night to a local golf coarse, never got a chance to put a fish on the reel but I really like the quality and the look of that reel, thanks again. Got any more of those?

LNelson
03-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Cool, I am glad you like the Redington reel. Unfortunately that was a one and only for me.

xcalibur
03-30-2011, 05:01 PM
Hi,

I have an excellent condition St. Croix Legend LFR910G. It weighs only 7 ounces and was made by BFR, British Fly Reels - the same company that made a lot of OEM reels like the Orvis Mirage.

Google: St. Croix LFR910G

It retails for $230, but will sell for $175 shipped.

Please reply for pictures. Thanks!