PDA

View Full Version : Paradise

RSK
03-26-2011, 03:18 PM
I am going to be working there for a little while and was wondering if anyone could make some suggestions for areas to check out for fishing. I am not familiar with the area and would be up for any type of fishing.
Thanks
Russell

BillB
03-26-2011, 07:48 PM
You mean the Paradise on the Feather River? I think you could be headed onto 360 degree fishing territory.

Darrin.Deel
03-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Lots of trout streams and a few resivoirs very close. The farther you drive up the skyway past magalia, the more small stream oppurtunities. West branch feather, NF feather, Lower feather, butte creek above de sabla, de sabla resivoir, paradise lake, philbrook lake, all within an an hour. Call me or email me for ideas.

aaron
03-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Watch out for methheads and pot growers.

RSK
03-26-2011, 08:18 PM
I did a little search on it but my question is more towards what would be a good target for the month of april and maybe into may.

huntindog
03-27-2011, 06:48 AM
I grew up in Paradise and know the area around there like the back of my hand..that being said you will pretty much be limited to fishing the lower elevation areas. There is so much snow right above paradise right now that it will be difficult to reach any of the streams until June and the snow run-off is going to leave these streams pretty high and cold for awhile. Paradise lake is very close and they plant the heck out of it with trout and there are some big bass in there so it can be pretty fun. You are pretty close to Oroville and the low flow section of the feather can be fun in april and may. Also you can head up hwy 70 and fish the north fork of the feather. Generally in April and May I am concentrating on bass in lake oroville, farm ponds and heading into the valley to chase stripers or fish the feather. PM me and I can shoot you some more info if you want.

wineslob
03-28-2011, 08:11 AM
I'll reiteratre what huntindog said except you should be able to fish DeSabla resv. It's stocked with rainbows (by PG&E) and many of the local guys will float tube it.
Just follow the Skyway up past Paradise Pines, you can't miss it.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-28-2011, 09:29 AM
Check with Lincoln Gray at the Sierra Stream & Mountain fly shop in Chico, California:

847 West 5th Street
Chico, CA 95927
(530) 345-4261

huntindog
03-28-2011, 01:40 PM
almost forgot to mention...SHAD season...there are usually some around by then...the sac river is not far.

RSK
03-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will not have a boat or tube with me so I do not know how much reservoir/lake fishing I will be able to do but I will check it out. How about ideas on a hotel.

Russell

wineslob
03-29-2011, 07:59 AM
There are several hotels in town. One of the best is behind Ponderosa Realestate off the Skyway in the middle of town. Ponderosa Gardens Motel 7010 Skyway, Paradise, CA 95969-3910(530) 872-9094‎.
There is a Comfort Inn on Clark Rd as you enter town (south side) but it is next to a bowling alley.