PDA

View Full Version : Davis Lake Access

koffler
03-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Making arraingemats to head up to Davis late spring (late May - early June) given rivers will likely be high. Any advice on camping - I know state/federal parks are hard to come by but can general camping be done on the west side of Davis or elsewhere? It looks as though there are a couple general camping sites on the south side of the lake - not sure how to reserve those and not interested assumuing I can crash on the west side for a couple of days.

Any advice is surely appreciated.

koffler

gene goss
03-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Making arraingemats to head up to Davis late spring (late May - early June) given rivers will likely be high. Any advice on camping - I know state/federal parks are hard to come by but can general camping be done on the west side of Davis or elsewhere? It looks as though there are a couple general camping sites on the south side of the lake - not sure how to reserve those and not interested assumuing I can crash on the west side for a couple of days.

Any advice is surely appreciated.

koffler

Hey Koffler...The Grasshopper Flat, Grizzly campgrounds are on the Southeast shore of Davis Lake, you should have no problems about finding a place to camp during the week days. A holiday weekend might be a problem, but if you get there early in the morning it should be fine.

betty
03-24-2011, 02:16 PM
Grasshopper flats is closed this year for upgrades. But Grizzly will be open.
There are public showers (coin op) in the parking area between Honker cove boat launch and Grasshopper Flat campground-----don't know the status of these and whether they will be operating. Showers can be purchased at the Grizzly Store.

Lightning tree campground, about 5 miles up the east road, was upgraded this past year. Should be open. Only vault (but nice) toilets, but new water system.

Both are reservable (reserveusa.com). Only 1/3 of campground sites can be reserved---rest are first come, first served. Usually, as said above, during the week you should have no problem before mid-June. Even on weekends before mid June there should be not much of a problem if you get there early-ish on Friday.

Sites at both campgrounds go for $20/night---more if you reserve them. Almost all sites will accommodate 2 vehicles and they don't charge anything for the extra vehicle.

Betty

koffler
03-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Thanks guys for the feedback. To be clear, if I crash on the west side of the lake which I believe is BLM land would I get any flack from setting up camp over there - basically I'll have a camp in the middle of no where? I will definitely head over to Grizzy to take a shower or 2 during the week and to pick up supplies.

Thanks-
Jason

gene goss
03-25-2011, 08:37 AM
Thanks guys for the feedback. To be clear, if I crash on the west side of the lake which I believe is BLM land would I get any flack from setting up camp over there - basically I'll have a camp in the middle of no where? I will definitely head over to Grizzy to take a shower or 2 during the week and to pick up supplies.

Thanks-
Jason

You can only camp on the west side of the road that goes around the lake, the lake side of the road is no over night camping. I don't know about building a fire over there....i would think that its not a good ideal to build a open pit fire there....be sure to take your trash with you when you leave.