PDA

View Full Version : Silver Salmon Creek

dansst
03-22-2011, 02:50 PM
We are going to Silver Salmon Creek on August the 24th for a week and I hope someone can let me know how it has been fishing at that time of the year? How far the creek are you allowed to fish?
We fished it ten years ago in early August and the run of Silvers was just getting started. Thanks for any advise.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-22-2011, 10:22 PM
In Alaska late August/early September is an average timing for the Coho/Silver Salmon runs in Alaska.

amoeba
03-23-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm familiar with that place/area; early August shoulda/coulda worked for you - dunno why it didn't - could have been the year; the timing varies. You could have run into an odd year (like last year, for example) and it wasn't in the cards for you. You actually could get fish in late July also.

Later August should be fine also.... alot of the fishing in that creek, I believe, is in the tidal portion where the fresh fish accumulate.....there's an episode of Larry Csonka's show that is about that place. If I were to guess (and this is a guess), the average peak, it would be the middle of August. 8/24 is right around there.