PDA

View Full Version : Stockton Steelhead Festival

Ben Kobrin
03-21-2011, 07:40 PM
This is the first I have heard of this and it's taking place 2 blocks from my house, so I can only imagine that not many others are aware.

http://www.defenders.org/take_action/upcoming_events/stockton_steelhead_festival.php
-Ben

k9mark
03-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Well, as with most things in the Most Miserable City in the US, it will probably be a failure. I saw in the Record they were looking for volunteers for the event. Unless I could pack, I wouldn't do it. You get robbed or have your car broken into. I just don't see most Stocktonians having an interest in it.

Jeff Fisher
03-24-2011, 08:25 AM
I grew up in Stockton (Lincoln HS, 1987). And yes, I can't see this going over too well. One suggestion I would have would be to re-name it the Salmon and Steelhead Festival. Over the years I've found that the majority of people don't even know what a steelhead is. Even in Sacramento, when fishing the American, I ran into countless people along the parkway who asked me what I was fishing for. I replied "steelhead". "Steelhead??? What's that???" I always said, "its a trout that goes to the ocean, like the salmon." Everyone knows what a salmon is......

huntindog
03-24-2011, 08:58 AM
they should serve fish and chips made with striped bass.. :D