PDA

View Full Version : Action on the Hoh River today!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Rick Jorgensen just called me on his cell phone from Washington state.

He said he and Bruce Slightem were fishing with top guide Ed Ward today.

Bruce just landed a nice ~18 pound Steelhead.

**I hate those guys..........

shawn kempkes
03-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Yeah I really hate those guys. lol
They are going out with me tomorrow. The fishing has been good the last four days or so.
Lots of big fish being hooked.

WinterrunRon
03-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Yeah I really hate those guys. lol
They are going out with me tomorrow. The fishing has been good the last four days or so.
Lots of big fish being hooked.

Are you kidding me? Big mouth! #-o If I could, I'd buy a plane ticket to Seattle and fish there for a week! :wink:

shawn kempkes
03-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Are you kidding me? Big mouth! #-o If I could, I'd buy a plane ticket to Seattle and fish there for a week! :wink:

Its not like it a big secret half of the carpet bagger guides in montana and Idaho have there asses parked on the lower Hoh along with the rest of washington and oregon. lol

WinterrunRon
03-21-2011, 10:00 PM
Its not like it a big secret half of the carpet bagger guides in montana and Idaho have there asses parked on the lower Hoh along with the rest of washington and oregon. lol

And now California! :lol:

Soundss like the Trinity just a few short years ago. Saw the same plates on trucks and trailers in every parking spot, every gravel bar (amoeba, don't look!), and every turnout.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-22-2011, 07:10 AM
All you need is time off and the money to go.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-22-2011, 07:15 AM
After the big draught of the late 1970s we would drive the Trinity and Klamath Rivers looking for fish that did not exist.

There were no cars and no people because there were no fish.......

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Back in the 1950s the boats at the mouth of the Klamath River were lashed together across the river because there were so many salmon in those days.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mytravelphotos/4561035462/in/photostream/

Banks were lined too....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mytravelphotos/4560407137/

No Internet either.........

__________________________________________________ __________

Lots of fish = lots of anglers

No fish = no anglers

What would you rather have?

__________________________________________________ __________

That is what the lower Eel River looked like during the big draught of the late 1970s.

WinterrunRon
03-22-2011, 08:26 AM
All you need is time off and the money to go.

I should have bought a fly shop then I could have both! :)

Actually, my comment was a bit tonge-in-cheek. I have a plane ticket to Seattle for the 28th and I'll be there for a week. I'll see Shawn again this year (did it in 2009) and we'll fish together again for a few of those days. A 50th birthday present to myself!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-22-2011, 08:30 AM
Good for you Ron......we want some photos.

WinterrunRon
03-22-2011, 08:31 AM
After the big draught of the late 1970s we would drive the Trinity and Klamath Rivers looking for fish that did not exist.

There were no cars and no people because there were no fish.......

Back in the 1950s the boats at the mouth of the Klamath River were lashed together across the river because there were so many salmon in those days.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mytravelphotos/4561035462/in/photostream/

Banks were lined too....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mytravelphotos/4560407137/

No Internet either.........

Lots of fish = lots of anglers

No fish = no anglers

What would you rather have?

Neither. I like what we have now. Some fish, some anglers... the best of both worlds. I say no more bitchin' allowed. Can I get an amen to that? Just fish it! :evil:

jbird
03-22-2011, 08:37 AM
Heres whats worse. Im sitting here this moment, looking at the Olympic range and the Puget sound right in front of me. Its a gorgeous day today. Got no rods, no gear and no time. :-(