PDA

View Full Version : We have some very slow sinking lines now....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-16-2011, 08:44 AM
We have two different very slow sinking cold water full lines that we carry now.

They sink around "one inch per second".

We have the Rio “original” Outbound (37’ head) in the Hover or “S1” as it is labeled. Example: WF8S1 (6 to 10 weight).

We also have the Airflo “Slow Intermediate” or “Slow Glass” that is labeled in two lines sizes like WF5/6I or WF6/7I.

These are both true Intermediate sink lines that sink extremely slow.

Some use them in lakes on windy days and some use them in the slow moving tidewater for Steelhead and salmon.

Neither of these lines in transparent though.

jbird
03-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Bill,

These sound perfect for a fishery like klamath lake. Shallow water where long casts and slow retrieves are necessary.

Terry Imai
03-23-2011, 10:39 AM
I know you can also get for your customers the Courtland clear camo intermediate line. I know Denny Rickards (sp?) promotes that line since the regular Rio intermediate sinks more than advertised for the majority of his type of fishing (throwing buggers and other non-midge stillwater patterns). I have been using Courtland Intermediate for a few years and very happy with its performance. I just have to load my rod one additional weight size. I also have the Rio Outbound Hover when the breeze picks up and I want my line to stay just under the surface along with reducing the drift that would occur with using a floating line.