PDA

View Full Version : La Paz & Andrew Zimmern @ Buffalo BBQ

Tony Buzolich
03-08-2011, 07:36 PM
If you enjoy the unusual you'll enjoy Andew Zimmern's Bizarre Foods dining in Baja on his most recent show. The show starts and ends in Tijuana but a good portion of it takes place in La Paz. I'm writing this because if you've ever joined Jay Murakoshi or myself on one of his trips there to fish you may have eaton at the Buffalo BBQ. I've been there numerous times and always had fantastic meals though a bit on the high side for the area. Almost bordering on gormet the usual menu favors lots of beef filet, lobster, and various steaks all cooked to perfection.

Today's show though may have done the resturant more harm than good. The items prepared on the show do not reflect the usual fare. Pit roasted steer head, later savored with bits of tongue and upper pallete were first on the menu followed by the brains, etc. etc...... you get the idea. Next up was some kind of jalepino appetizer of stuffed peppers and pureed cajones with a chipotle sause topping. Whew! I can assure you I've never even seen anything like that on the menu there.

Later the show jumps to La Paz bay and Andrew goes diving for chocolate' clams and ends with a beach BBQ of stingray and other various fish. This actually looked good.

So, if you're on one of Jay's trips this year and someone suggests the Buffalo BBQ, definitly go. I doubt you'll find any of the "Bizarre" foods actually on the menu............I hope :) TONY

Darian
03-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Another vote for Buffalo Bob's. I always order something with chicken in it. Never had a bad meal there. It would be great if they would add Chocolate' clams to the menu. They're really good eating in a clam chowder/stew.... :nod:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-09-2011, 09:24 AM
At Kiene's we highly recommend Jay Murakoshi's trips to La Paz.

I think it is one of the best deals in Baja right now.

I believe that is one of the best places to eat in La Paz.

I was shocked how nice La Paz is, especially the ocean walk area after dinner.

I guess June and October are good times to be there?

Thanks Tony.....I love those travel/food shows.