PDA

View Full Version : Lake Chabot intel?

Mike O
03-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Taking the kid camping with the scouts there. Gonna do the astronomy thing as well. Anyone have any intel on fishing Chabot from the shore? Worth it? Do there be bluegills in that thar lake?

Notch
03-08-2011, 08:22 PM
I fished Chabot a couple weeks ago for bass near Racoon Point. We caught a few pre-spawners, and my buddy hooked up with an 8lb hatchery trout while throwing senkos. If you're going from shore and camping at the campground - hike the trail down to the lake and keep going around the tule line to the outhouse on the point. Set up some powerbait and just relax. I know it's not the most exciting way to fish, but your kid should should catch a few. There are a few bass around, but you really need a boat to target them, and I haven't seen any bluegill in years. Good luck!

Reno Flytyer
03-09-2011, 03:11 PM
There's a baitsoaker/tin can troller over on the Sniffer who calls himself "Mr. Lake Chabot"...
he fishes it regularly, & if the name is any indication, he should know something about the place.
RFT

Mike O
03-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Thanks folks. I have checked the sniffer..and appreciate the point in that direction. Thanks also for the where-to-fish info.