PDA

View Full Version : Had to do it!

jerry from sac
03-07-2011, 05:44 PM
The itch just got too bad. Soooo, a couple of days ago I went out to a little pond I know about with my float tube and over about three hours of casting I landed three fish, all on poppers, this being the biggest.
-
- jerry
-
http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae324/57jerry/IMGP0215.jpg

Hairstacker
03-07-2011, 11:27 PM
First bass of the season? And topwater no less? That's awesome, good for you! :cool:

gene goss
03-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Nice bass....do you know what the water temp. was???

Scott V
03-08-2011, 09:44 AM
You beat me Jerry, I was throwing top water all Saturday morning in a small lake, more like a pond, that was just to dirty from all the rain so I didn't get a bite. Good going, I am glad there are others out there like me who are willing to throw top water while others won't even attempt it.

DFrink
03-08-2011, 10:00 AM
That's a nice looking bass. Looks like you had a much better day than I did two weeks ago. The rain really mucked up the water! Spring is coming....

Dan

jerry from sac
03-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by the action I got at this early date. I've been working on a new floating diving type popper and I wanted to see how it worked in real time. The results were good. The fish were taken in shallow water on an overcast day. I do not know the water temperture.

Ed Wahl
03-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Beautiful Bass there Jerry, nice going. Now I'm really jones'n for summertime.

Hairstacker, you're crackin me up.
Reverend Jim?
I'd of thought you were younger than that.

I've worked with a lot of dispatchers over the years but Louie DePalma is still my favorite.

Ed

Hairstacker
03-09-2011, 12:13 AM
I've worked with a lot of dispatchers over the years but Louie DePalma is still my favorite.

Ed

Mine too! :lol:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Wow Jerry..........spring is here?

One of my favorite types of fishing is top water LMB.

Sadly many will never try it.

dog
03-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Jerry: I wish I did not read your post and wish I did not see that big ole bass, now all I want to do is go fishing and drag out all my top water stuff. Thanks a lot :):thumbsup: