PDA

View Full Version : Kick in the *ss

Jay Murakoshi
03-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Boy, did I just get a surprise. I just received an email from Alaska regarding a time change on my reservations. It said that my flight from LAX to Fresno has been moved up to 5:43pm on June 18th. But here's the kicker, we don't arrive in Los Angeles from La Paz until 5:35pm.
50 minutes through customs/immigration and then check back in, can this be done in 8 minutes.
I talked to the gal at Alaska and she said there is no flight that leaves LA for Fresno at 9pm
I said "I'm looking at my reservation" and it says 9pm and even the American schedule shows 9:10pm departure from LA to Fresno. So she checked with American and they told her that they cancelled the flight and will not be running it anymore. And to top it off, the next flight leaves at 7:30am the next morning and that's booked. What a crock of crap.
Guess I better start flying a different airline to LA.
Actually, Volaris will be flying from Fresno to Guadalajara in April and then I could fly from there to La Paz. Brand new planes and cheap tickets (so far). Or fly to SD and then catch Volaris in TJ to La Paz.

Start checking and reading your emails from these airlines. There making travel difficult

Jay

Bob Laskodi
03-06-2011, 06:57 PM
I fly Alaska Airlines a lot. In the past three years, EVERY single one of my flights got changed due to flight cancellations (it seems that AA likes to fantasize about filling up planes with a huge schedule, and then reality hits and they cancel flights at the last minute to fill whatever capacity they have on that day). I've been stranded in such fine AK outposts such as Dillingham and King Salmon, and made charter float plane connections by the skin of my teeth on a very frequent basis. I really wish there were alternatives, but sadly, there sure aren't many. Good luck with that 8 minute connection clearing customs!

FISHEYE
03-06-2011, 08:57 PM
I feel for you Jay. Our Alaska flights on the return trip from Mexico have been changed 3 times so far for the LA departures. I think it was 3 hours the first time and just a few minutes the other two. We don't get home until someting like 2:35 am now. Oh well, at least we don't have to overnight.

David Lee
03-07-2011, 10:18 AM
At least you got a email !!

Last trip down to Baja ..... we heard that Mexicana had canceled all flights back into the States a few days before we were supposed to return home . At HPC , we didn't have cell reception/computer for squat , and had to go to Los Cabos and sort the whole mess out on the day of departure .

3 flights and 21 hours to make it back to Sacramento a day late - next time , I'll walk .

D.~