PDA

View Full Version : WTB/WTT 3wt or 4wt rod

windknot
02-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Hi guys,

Just curious whether anyone has a 3wt or 4wt rod that they're not using and might want to either sell it or trade it for something that could be of more use. I'm looking for 4-piece or more rod, 8'6" or 9', medium-fast to fast action. I'm especially looking for one of the Cabela's Stowaway 6 or Redington Wayfarer 6 travel series, but I'm interested in anything up through the Scott E2, Redington CPS, or Orvis T3 rods. Ideally, I want a new go-to rod for all-around fishing in the Sierra backcountry. I've been using my old Stowaway 5 863-5, and it's been doing fine for such an inexpensive rod, but it lacks the punch to really put a fly in the right place at longer ranges or in windier conditions.

Here are a few items that I'd be willing to part with for the right proposal:
-Orvis Battenkill Bar Stock I silver with spare spool, both new with boxes
-TFO TiCrX 890-4 with sleeve, excellent condition
-Sage 8150-4 spey rod with sleeve and tube, mint condition
-JP Ross 43T 690-4 custom rod with feather inlay, sleeve, and tube

Let me know what you have and what you want for it! I'm open to straight-up trades, partial trades (on either side), or direct purchases.

Thanks!
Matt

LNelson
02-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Hi Matt,

I have a brand new Redington CPx 9ft 4 piece 4wt that they just sent me in a warranty replacement. IF interested PM me.

Dave E.
02-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Hey Matt,

Just an idea, but on the Medium Fast + side of affordable rods, in a four weight the Echo Carbon comes to mind. It's available in both 8 1/2' and 9 ' versions and they're four piece rods.
Give Kiene's a call on Monday and ask the guys about them.

http://www.rajeffsports.com/echo_carbon.php

If that doesn't work for you. I have a 9' - 4 wt. - 4 pc. T.F.O. Pro ( Rated: Med Fast ) and a 8'9" - 4 wt. - 4 pc. T.F.O. Finesse ( Rated: Med, but it's slow-mo to me ) that I could probably part with...if that were to happen, I'd probably take the proceeds from that sale and head on down to the shop and buy a 9' - 4 wt. Carbon.

Best, Dave

windknot
02-27-2011, 10:14 PM
LNelson,

PM sent.

Dave,

Thanks for the advice on the Carbon rods and the offers on the TFOs. I'm tending more toward looking for a 3wt rod right now, but I'll definitely keep the Carbon in mind as I scour Ebay/the various classifieds boards.

Cheers,
Matt

ARichcrook
02-27-2011, 11:30 PM
I've got a Cabelas 9' 3 Wt LST i don't use if that is of any interest to you.

Rich

patk
02-28-2011, 02:41 AM
I have a new 8'6 cps 4wt with sock tube and blank warranty card i would swap for the ticrx 8 wt pat

windknot
02-28-2011, 11:32 PM
Hi Rich and Pat,

PMs sent, thanks!

Matt

ARichcrook
03-01-2011, 12:52 PM
PM sent back.

Rich

xcalibur
03-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Hi Windknot,

I have a CTS Vintage blank: 8' 6" 3wt, 4pc. This rod is very similar in action to the old Sage Light Line series, but even lighter:

http://ctsfishing.com/vintage.php

What is the model of your Sage spey rod?

Cheers,

John

windknot
03-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Hi John,

Thanks for the offer, but I've already picked up a 3wt rod from a member on this board.

The Sage rod is one of the original Graphite III spey rods.

Matt

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-27-2011, 09:13 AM
We have all the new Echo "Solo" series of 3 piece graphite fly rods that come with a rod tube and lifetime warranty for only $99.95.

8'6" #4

9' #5

9' #6

9'#8

This is the best buy in a new "brand name" fly rod series.