PDA

View Full Version : Mather Lake

DFrink
02-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Well I was planning to hit Sly Park Sunday, but with all this weather I think I may go down to Mather Lake instead. I have never fished it before, anyone have any tips on where to start? If anyone if interested in joining me let me know.

Dan

Darian
02-19-2011, 07:24 PM
It's a bit early/cold for great fishing but it could still be OK. There're some good sized Catfish down near the dam. You could use a float tube to get down into the reedy area of the lake. Maybe some early Bass there.... You'll see where any fish are biting by where the bait chuckers are fishing. :neutral:

Wear boots even if you're not wading. The Goose crap is thick around that lake.... :(

DFrink
02-21-2011, 10:10 AM
Fished from 7 to 1230, water was cold 48-50 degrees. No takes all day, no risers to be seen, water was brown, saw 1 bait guy land a small bow. Didn't take much to kick around that lake in the tube, nice morning to be out. I need spring to hurry up and get here!

Dan

Cmcculloch
03-26-2011, 12:16 PM
This is the first time I've seen the lake full. The picnic tables on the opposite side from the dock are almost under water.

Scott V
03-26-2011, 02:38 PM
This is the first time I've seen the lake full. The picnic tables on the opposite side from the dock are almost under water.

The only down side is that there will be more goose poop in the water, but hopefully the lake will get a good washout, that place gets real nasty in the summertime almost as bad as Cameron Park gets.

Mike O
03-26-2011, 10:17 PM
That's why, next year when they open the early 4 day honker season, they need to tell people to stay away from the urban lakes, and take a day off of golfing, and let us go in and clean house. Let's get those overgrown pigeons out of the cities and off the golf courses.

Then open another season in April.