PDA

View Full Version : Bishop -food

bigfly
02-17-2011, 02:01 PM
Las Palmas for Mexican food. I've chowed down there for many years.
They have treated me well every time.
The highlight is a salsa bar. OH, and a serious Tequila selection.
Not that I would go there.

Jim

Fly Guy Dave
08-14-2011, 01:14 PM
When in Bishop, I never fail to have at least one meal at La Casita. Many of the locals eat there, and I've never had a bad experience with their fare. I honestly can't say that I've tried Las Palmas, though.

I'm not much of a drinker, but years ago, I had the last shot out of a bottle of Cusano Rojo tequila and as it was being poured, the worm fell into my shot. The bartender apologized and offered to pour me another, but I said it was OK, drank the shot and ate the worm. It caused a bit of a sensation, as several people in the bar and in the restaurant asked me if I was the guy that "ate the worm." Kind of surprising...isn't that what you're supposed to do?

If you want the BEST fresh pastries and coffee in the AM before hitting the river, go right around the corner from La Casita and patronize The Great Basin Baking Company. I go there almost every day when I'm down there. Best in town...heck...best in the whole AREA.

--Fly Guy Dave

Kneedeep
08-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Pork Carnitas at La Casitas
Shrimp at Las Palmas
Breakfast at the golf course
Thai restaurant at the airport
The bowling alley.................

Woodman
08-15-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm not much of a drinker, but years ago, I had the last shot out of a bottle of Cusano Rojo tequila and as it was being poured, the worm fell into my shot.

Tequila doesn't have a worm...it's Mezcal

Fly Guy Dave
08-16-2011, 07:37 AM
Like I said: I'm not much of a drinker. I stand corrected!

--F.G. Dave

Woodman
08-16-2011, 11:32 PM
just one of the many things I learned in a misspent youth...and middle age.