PDA

View Full Version : Lounge?

jbird
02-16-2011, 10:09 AM
How about a "lounge" forum here? A place where guys can talk about anything. Im part of a different forum (not fishing) and theres a lounge where a lot of regulars hang out. Its very lively. Theres no limit to the topics as long as theyre not offensive and the friendships there are clearly real. I dont fish that much anymore and dont post reports when I do, and I believe theres quite a few guys here in the same boat. Nominate a member to moderate it (I nominate Darian :-) ) and see how it goes.

BillB
02-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Seems like a broadly intelligent fella and a good choice. Wonder if he does taxes too.

Darian
02-16-2011, 03:35 PM
While I appreciate the compliment and thought, I'm trying to spend less time on the "net", not more. My ex-wife does taxes for a living. She's very good too (an enrolled agent).

As an alternate moderator I'd suggest Bob Laskodi. According to his own description, he's direct, outspoken, strong convictions, and knowledgeable on almost every subject. Humility is one of his strengths, tolerant of others ideas/opinions and he's always calm and collected (never hot-headed). After crossing verbal swords with Bob several times over the years, I've decided that, if he's still married, his wife must be a saint (....easy Bob, just having a little fun with you). :p

I do like the idea of the "lounge" as a Forum. Especially with a member like Galen (Oregon Salmon) but Bill K has the say about what happens on the BB. 8-)