PDA

View Full Version : Lamson Konic

k9mark
01-30-2011, 12:26 PM
I've been looking at possibly purchasing one of these reels, but the fact it is a die cast aluminum reel worries me a little. Anyone have one of these reels or heard of any problems?

shawn kempkes
01-30-2011, 06:44 PM
I have hardy perfects that are close to a hundred years old. That are die cast. A reel being machined is just good marketing IMHO.
The konic is a great reel for the budget minded person. Spend a little more and get the guru
if it really bothers you

Dan Harrison
01-30-2011, 08:15 PM
I was going to buy a Konic but found a good deal on a used velocity. Same exact drag system. The Konic is a solid reel. I have looked at it up close and the workmanship shows despite being die cast. I doubt you will be disappointed.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-30-2011, 09:10 PM
The Waterworks "Guru" is their lowest priced fully machined reel at around the $200 price point.

They are so popular that they can run completely out of them at any moment.

At around $200 and made in the USA and anodized and fully machined from bar stock alloy and with a sealed drag system they are hard to beat.

http://waterworks-lamson.com/products/lamson-guru/

IronMtn
01-31-2011, 09:43 AM
Lamson Konic is a great reel. Had it now for about two years and never had a problem. Been dropped several times and never noticed any difference. Light weight with a great drag, and cheap. Highly recommended.

Considering that a lot of reels are well over $300 and all they really do is hold the line on the rod, the $150 (or less) for the konic is worth it.

CapitalFishr
02-01-2011, 11:31 AM
I use Konic and Radius for my striper setups and I love them... I actually perfer the Radius because of the lighter weight and look. No issues with either though. Great company IMO.