PDA

View Full Version : FlyLipp Fly Action

Hairstacker
01-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Along the lines of those really cool flies Jay Murakoshi has developed that are available on his website, here's a video of the fly action possible with the FlyLipp bills that are commercially available to flytyers. By the way, the tail of the fly is dyed chamois. Also, you have to wait until the last 3rd of the video to actually see the fly in action. As far as I know, this video was created by a fella who is a fly tying enthusiast and fishing guide. Pretty cool stuff, if you ask me: :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbZZzR2v7rA

Darian
01-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Great action on that fly. Kinda walks the dog and wags the tail, too. Interesting how the Flylipp appears to be attached in the lower part of the popper face at an opposite angle. It's a lot like the old plug, River Runt (if I recall that plugs name correctly).... :)

Sure wish I lived in the house on the side of the pond like that one.... :nod:

jbird
01-29-2011, 03:11 PM
Wow! That is really lively. Kinda like a banjo minnuh

Jay Murakoshi
01-29-2011, 10:21 PM
My lipps are attached directly to the fly and not the hook shank. I'm going to be doing some underwater video showing what the CB Diver looks like. Lot's of wiggle and wobble, the top water minnows dart from side to side or some call it "walking the dog". I'm working on 5 more patterns with and without the diving bills. I will be showing and selling them at both the Pasadena and Pleasanton show. I will also have some at my fly tying session on Saturday morning at the Pleasanton show.
Like I mentioned in a earlier post, I'm doing a 2 1/2 hour class on deer hair patterns. It says intermediate but a beginner can easily pick up the technique. Also, one thing not mentioned, I will be giving to each participant a copy on my new "Tying Deer Hair Bass Bugs" This video will show the steps for tying up a standard deer hair popper and the tying steps on creating a multi colored Dahlberg. I hope to have all my tying DVD's finished before the shows start.
The first one is:

Deer hair bass popper & Dahlbergs - spinning and stacking

#2 Pop'n Minnow patterns & CB Diver

#3 Deer hair bait fish patterns & tying an ALF

I have 3 others in the making

I will also be tying mostly deer hair patterns at the show, even on a tube 5" in length.

Jay

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-29-2011, 11:59 PM
That guy is an excellent fly caster too........

Jgoding
01-30-2011, 11:36 AM
haven't tried mine out yet, but the guy who sells them is a pretty cool guy. I ordered some last year or two years ago and he sent the order out even before getting my check. I think I threw in an extra $5 because I was so impressed.