PDA

View Full Version : Fly Fishing Show - Pleasanton

Jay Murakoshi
01-27-2011, 12:12 PM
It's almost here, the FlyFishing Show in Pleasanton - Feb. 25, 26, 27. It's the show that most people wait all year for.
This year, I will be participating in the "classes with the experts" segment of the show. I will be doing a 2 1/2 hour session on trying with deer hair. We will cover both techniques of spinning and stacking deer hair. Using the stacking technique, you will be able to tie multi-colored flies.
You will be tying up two patterns, a simple deer hair bass popper using the spinning hair style and then a dahlberg diver using the stacking hair method.

NOW, I will be providing all the materials such as the deer hair, threads, eyes, double edge blades, mono weed guard, etc.... All you need to bring will be your vise, scissors, hair stacker, hair packer, bobbin, etc and the will to learn.

Top water bass fishing is just around the corner be ready with a box full of your own deer hair tied poppers.

Contact the show office at www.flyfishingshow.com and let them know you want to sign up
I believe there is still space available

Hope to see you behind the vise

Jay Murakoshi

PS... I believe the cost of the class and admission to the show is included

Jay Murakoshi
01-31-2011, 09:41 PM
Just checked with the fly fishing show office. There's still space available in the Deer Hair tying class. Like I mentioned before, I will be providing all the deer hair, hooks, eyes, etc.
All you need to bring is your tools, vise paper and pencil

Just added..... If I can finish my Tying Deer Bass Bugs DVD, I will be giving each student a copy. I'm editing the video right now. It starts out with a simple deer hair bass bug and then goes into a Dahlberg diver. It shows both spinning and stacking deer hair techiques. I will also be selling them at the show for $10.00 each. I hope to have two other DVD's available. One on tying the Pop'n Minnow and CB Diver. The other DVD will be tying the ALF style bait fish pattern and FBBF pattern.
And also - for those of you who have been emailing and calling regarding the poppers, bubble heads, crease flies, I will also be selling them. Heck, looks like I need a booth.

See everyone in a couple weeks

Jay