PDA

View Full Version : Luner Theory (best or worse time to fish)

gene goss
01-22-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm helping a friend put together some dates for the Granite Bay Flycasters fishouts, and was wondering about the fullmoon and how much it effect the fishing. I would like to know what you think about this????? THANKS

Troutstalker55B
01-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Gene,

My experience with lunar cycles is that it affects some bodies of water more than others. A full moon at Eagle Lake is a big no-no, and Lake Davis at times. I have had great times fishing rivers that are legal at night during a full moon, The Madison River comes to mind. I definitely think about the moon when planning my fishing trips.

Jon.

gene goss
01-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Gene,

My experience with lunar cycles is that it affects some bodies of water more than others. A full moon at Eagle Lake is a big no-no, and Lake Davis at times. I have had great times fishing rivers that are legal at night during a full moon, The Madison River comes to mind. I definitely think about the moon when planning my fishing trips.

Jon.

Hey Jon...do you know if you can fish Davis or Frenchman's Lake at night?????

Troutstalker55B
01-22-2011, 06:31 PM
Gene,

All lakes are legal during the night in Plumas County. Lake Davis,; July & August nights - Glow in the dark indicators and flies!

Jon.