PDA

View Full Version : Free tying tools for a creative youngster

Adam Grace
01-18-2011, 02:01 AM
After cleaning out my fly tying stuff I found some unused tool that I figured would be better spent in the hands of a junior fly tier. I also came across some of my first ever self-tied flies, which looked hilarious because they were tied from imagination, without any sort of guidance from a receipt. If you have children who are just learning please have them tie some flies, not from a recipe but from their imagination, then post the best one I will choose the recipient to ship the tools to.

This should be a fun thread :)

DFrink
01-18-2011, 08:26 AM
Adam, if I'm 32 does that count as a youngster?O:)

Mike O
01-18-2011, 08:43 AM
My son is 8 and has tied a few flies with me. I would love to be able to set him up with his own tools. He has caught a few trout, and I would like to get him onto some with the flies he has tied already. They don't look too bad, considering. Matter of fact some of his cub scout friends want me to show them.

I will post a couple of his ties, as soon as I find them

Thanks Adam.

Mike

Mike O
01-18-2011, 08:53 AM
Pics Attached...next up is downwing dries, a la Trudes and Hoppers.

Jimmie
01-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Hey Dan,

What do you need? I have some extra stuff.

Take Care,

Jimmie

DFrink
01-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks Jimmie, actually I was just joking around. I have enough to get me by for now, and purchase what I need for new patterns. Thanks for the offer though, I would rather see someone young end up with "free" gear.

Dan

Hey Dan,

What do you need? I have some extra stuff.

Take Care,

Jimmie

BillB
01-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Fats has a tying class that has started for kids. PM him.

Sierra fly fisher
01-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Hi, I am 15 would I be able to join this?

Thanks.
Tim

Adam Grace
01-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Mike, I like those pictures, they remind me of my first flies. Your son deserves the stuff. Send me a PM with your address. :)