PDA

View Full Version : New Korker Chrome wading boots for 2011

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-13-2011, 10:19 PM
We just got in our first shipment of the new Korker "Chrome" wading boots with exchangeable soles.

I think that Korker has finally done it.......they are cutting edge now.

http://www.korkers.com/

huntindog
01-17-2011, 09:07 AM
i have always liked the concept of the korkers interchangeable soles but the first couple pairs I had were problematic. Quite often I would find myself standing in a river with the sole flapping around behind me. I would love it if the system has improved.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-17-2011, 09:16 AM
They have really done a good job with the redesign of the way the soles fit on the boots now.

Come in a take a look at them........they finally got it right.

Jed Peters
01-17-2011, 10:48 AM
They have really done a good job with the redesign of the way the soles fit on the boots now.

Come in a take a look at them........they finally got it right.

Bill, I'll come try on a pair of 12s....can you send my old ones back? they're ripping at the toe after only about 10 days!

BillB
01-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Am I the only one who has trouble fitting into Korkers? I have tried them on several times and even sent Torrents back as they seem very narrow for my fat foot! I am still looking for a wet wade/surf low top.

bclem81
01-17-2011, 06:44 PM
The new korkers are nothing like the old ones. Instead of being a 3/4 interchangeable sole, the 2011 is a full interchangeable sole. Also for those that have wide feet, fitting into the old korkers was a big issue. What is a sz12 now was really a sz13 from the old korkers same sz and same with even though it says its sz smaller. The new 2011 I feel has the same sz patterns and fitment as the same sz Simms boats. They have more toe room, big issue before, much bigger footprint on the river bottom, as well as the boot being wider for those wide feet some people have. Also no issue with the sole coming off or coming loose. I love them, they work fantastic, and highly recommend them. Also the higher end line has the boa lace system which is awesome.

Billb, the new hyjack is exactly what you are looking for. great for wearing around the town, stylish, comfortable, dry quickly and awesome in the water.

Also recommend the new fishermans moc. talk about comfy. if you just want something to wear right when you get off the water without changing into you day cloths, where your wool socks and thermals and drive home. this is where its at. like togs, just way better looking. u can wear them as a slip on moc or a slip in moc.

Cant say enough about the new korkers line up.

BillB
01-17-2011, 08:14 PM
Oh yeah, bclem. That looks like exactly what I had in my minds eye! So a 13 is going to fit a 12/13 foot with booties or waders? I think the low quarters would be best in the surf should I need to jettison or swim and would double as wet waders. I like them!

Bill

bclem81
01-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Billb,

I personally wear a 10.5 shoe. If I wet wade with simms neo booties I wear a sz11 boot, with waders I wear a sz12 boot. With booties in a sz12 boot, its like a slip and slide. If you are gettin the hyjacks then I am guessing you will be wet wading more than wearing waders. I think 13s would fit you perfectly. But to be safe I would go and try them on to get the best fitment. Try them on with waders and booties. Most fly shops have booties you can put on, or you can bring your own.

Normal booties are usually 2.5mm neoprene and waders are 4mm. So this is where plus sizing comes into play. A sz13 boot will fit a 12 foot with waders or 12.5 foot with booties, but a 12.5 foot in waders is a bit tight in a sz13 boot, so a sz14 foot would be better.

Half size feet suck. If you get a 1/2 sz bigger it fits you great for wet wading, but to tight when you put any wool socks on in waders, and 1 1/2 sz bigger, is to big for wet wading but fits great with waders one. Thats why I have a pair for wet wading and a pair for waders. This takes care of both issues.

Troutstalker55B
05-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Here is my take on them, only time will tell if they can handle my abuse.

http://jonbaiocchiflyfishingnews.blogspot.com/2011/05/product-review-korkers-darkness-boot.html

These are truely some quality kick ass boots!

Jon.

shawn kempkes
05-30-2011, 09:49 PM
I have a pair of the Chrome boots. The rubber soles are a deathwish without studs. I put in the felts and i have to say these are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn.