PDA

View Full Version : Lake Alamanor lodging information request

SLOwag
01-13-2011, 10:29 AM
I'm familiar with the surrounding areas but have never stayed or fished at the lake. I'm renting a large cabin(s), which needs to sleep at least 14, for a family reunion the last week of July and need some feedback on general preferred locations around the lake. If you have a favorite rental property that you would recommend I would like to hear back on that as well.

I did search the forum and found some talk about various properties but I’m trying to please the fishermen and non-fishermen in our party as well.

To get the conversation started and focused, what are preferred locations to fish from shore, launch tubes or small boats, and have areas for 10 year olds to play in the water safely? ….The north, east, south, west shores or the peninsula?

I'll take pm's if you don't want to reveal a favorite spot. Thanks

cdccopp
01-14-2011, 11:50 AM
You might want to check out vrbo.com. That is Vacation Rental By Owner. There are many rentals lakefront. It is owner to renter direct. All have photos of property and details about the house and surrounding area.
Dennis

Woodman
01-14-2011, 03:27 PM
We found a place on vrbo a couple of years ago on the Peninsula. Peninsula is a short run by car or boat from the Hamilton Branch, which often fishes well. Almanor isn't so big that you can't get to a lot of good fishing water by boat fairly easily.

We had a dock as well as a trampoline anchored 20 feet from the dock. Great fun for the kids.

Give Tom a call at Lake Almanor fly shop.

http://www.almanorflyfishing.com/

Lincoln Gray
01-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Go to my website below and on the first page, bottom right is a link to your questions.

BillB
01-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Hey SLOwag. I rented this place. Like new and beautiful. Not on the water but only a short drive to ramp and LACC beach.

http://www.almanorcoldwellbanker.com/listings/index.php?action=listingview&listingID=356

SLOwag
01-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Thanks for all of the replies. We just booked at Lake Tahoe which will be nice but I am a little disappointed that Almanor didn't appeal to all parties. I'm thinking a trip with just the GF and I either before or after the reunion will be even better ;)