PDA

View Full Version : Travel rods not allowed on board

jerry from sac
01-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Just returned from El Salto Mexico and even tho I carried on the rods going down, security would not allow them to be carried on, on the way back. I've gone to Mexico many times and it turns out to be a crap shoot as to what they will allow you to carry on. One time I can carry on my reels and the next time no. The last two times I came back from the amazon they would not allow rods or reels to be carried on. If you want to have peace of mind get a bag that will accomodate both rods and reels and check them in. You can miss a flight by having to go back and check an item in.
-
- jerry

Woodman
01-12-2011, 08:36 PM
It can be very sketchy what can go where on the plane. I have decided the best bet is pack in two duffels that can carry both clothes and fishing gear. That way the gear can be split up if one bag is lost. It also doesn't draw as much attention to the nature of the contents. I may be paranoid...but sometimes that is in order.

Terry Thomas
01-13-2011, 10:52 AM
The same thing happened to one of our anglers on the way back from El Salto in Mazatlan. Once we landed in the U.S.,he had no problem taking it on board in Phoenix.