PDA

View Full Version : albright

ssy
01-08-2011, 07:36 AM
has anyone here used their rods? they say it was associated with redington. steve

Woodman
01-08-2011, 09:09 AM
http://www.kiene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20862&highlight=albright

ssy
01-08-2011, 08:18 PM
great reading woodman. so whats the verdict, yes or no on albright?

Woodman
01-10-2011, 08:09 PM
but I have been fishing a long time and finally realized that buying higher quality gear up front is cheaaper in the long run.

BillB
01-10-2011, 09:09 PM
I have to echo Woodman on this. I have been fly fishing for nearly 50 years, damn I'm old (must have started when I was about 6 months old), and have never been sorry for purchasing good gear. Guess I must be a Sage fan since I own six or so of the things. My oldest is a RPL, maybe 20 years old, that is my go to trout rod, still. All of these rods perform perfectly all the time. I have never had a failure or any reason for service. I have attempted, in the past, to circumvent cost by building my rods, but found that the results were the same. When I built rods on lesser platforms I have nearly 100% of the time been disappointed. My best self constructed rods are on Sage blanks. Oh, I don't own any stock in Sage though I may have increased someone else's dividend!

ssy
01-11-2011, 06:46 AM
thanks for the input guys. i mainly chase stripers on conventional gear trolling and casting lure. just started fly fishing a couple of years ago and looking to get more gear. just looking for another decent rod so i don't have to keep changing spools or flies on 1 rod

waynesyn
01-11-2011, 09:16 AM
I used the 9' 8 weight XXT for peacocks last year and it performed very well. My go to rod was the Sage Xi3 but I ended up using the XXT most of the trip. Not that the Xi3 was not worthy. I had the Sage rod set up with an WF8F/I and the XXT was set up with a heavy sinker and it turned out I needed the heavy sinker most of the trip. I would consider purchasing another one.
WS

ssy
01-12-2011, 06:41 AM
now thats what i'm talking about, waynesyn! i guess i should have ask if any one has bought an albright rod and how they like it.

lynnwhite44
01-12-2011, 11:14 AM
If I had the cash all most of my rods would be Sages but I am a poor State worker raising a family so I can not afford to spend $300 to $1,000 per rod. Although I do own one Sage, 14' 9wt spey.

I have two Albright rods. A 9' 5/6wt ($50)and a 10'7/8 wt($79). I bought them during a close out sale a few years ago so I don't think they make the models anymore. I could not make the rods for that price. The blanks and components are what you find on rods costing well over $200.

Since you are just starting out I think the Albright would be fine. Although the TW looks a little cheaper(plastic reel seat)

Dan Harrison
01-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Been waiting for weeks for a refund on the reels I sent back to them. So if you do go with albright I hope you like what you get because a refund might take a long time. My .02 cents TFO from Kienes.