PDA

View Full Version : Skagit Master II with guide Scott Howell

Terry Thomas
01-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Our supplier informed us that the new release of Skagit Master II was shipped last Friday. This new DVD features Scott Howell and has had some very good reviews on the internet. We should have it in the shop this coming week (Thursday or Friday).
Terry

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-05-2011, 09:29 AM
They have arrived @ Kiene's Fly Shop......

__________________________________________________ _____________________

120 Mins. Filmed in 720 HD. Available in standard definition only. $39.99

Filmed in BC and Oregon, "Steelheading Outside The Box" is the most insightful, technique focused steelhead film in over a 25 years. There are no indicators or dead drifted nymphs in this film, just deeply sunk swinging flies, jacked by Skagit Flight and Skagit Short shooting heads, wicked looking custom Intruders and water spitting popping bugs chugging behind the latest high tech Scandi heads. It's steelheading Scott's way. Whether he's dropping a cone head Prom Dress through 10 feet of cold winter flow to a short piece of holding water or popping a foam lipped Ska-opper over a roily boulder patch, Scott knows where fish live and how to make them to respond.

Few "How To" films deliver the goods. From the intimate coastal streams of Northern BC to his home waters in Oregon, Scott Howell goes fishing and shares the techniques he developed throughout is career and lands over a dozen wild steelhead in the process.

Scott's philosophy is, "If that steelhead intended to eat your fly, it would have". You shouldn't worry about the ones that got away or the short strikes, dull pulls and plucks. Enjoy and respect them all. But cherish the ones you get to touch.

'Skagit Master 2' featuring Scott Howell is the perfect companion to Skagit Master Volume 1 featuring Ed Ward.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Open 7 days a week - toll free USA phone = 1-800-400-0359

http://speyshop.kiene.com/skagitmatervolume2featuringscotthowell.aspx

We can ship you one anywhere in the USA today!!!

trinity
01-07-2011, 08:14 PM
I watched the movie yesterday and it was really good. I had been looking forward to it for a long time and it was worth the wait. I recommend it to anyone who likes to steelhead fish. Their is great footage of catching fish, running a jet sled, flies underwater, casting, tying flies, and just Scott Howell talking about his whole steelhead game.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-07-2011, 10:20 PM
We sold out our first shipment in a couple of days but will have more in early next week.

This is a very hot new DVD if you like swinging flies for Steelhead.

Call the shop and we can reserve one for you.

1-800-400-0359 toll free USA phone

Open 7 days a week....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-10-2011, 12:41 PM
We just got in our second shipment of this really great DVD.

Skagit Masters 1 & 2 are both going to be very popular.

We have been watching it for days at the shop.

The 'Skagit Master 1 & 2' series, 'Spey Fishing for Steelhead', Jeff Putnam Spey series and 'Spey to Z' are some of the DVDs \we recommend you see.

Lots of powerful info in these new DVDs on two-handed casting and fishing.

**Still our number one selling DVD of all time is "Rivers of a Lost Coast". Everyone who fishes migratory fish needs to own this one.

Don Powell
01-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Carlo Proto and I watched it today- I have long had an immeasurable respect for this legend in his (and our) own time...
This DVD DELIVERS!!!
Having hacked around on the NU and many northern BC streams for 15 years, I can truly appreciate Scott Howell's dedication and devotion, albeit through my own limited efforts due to being "employed".
This DVD is worth watching for experienced anglers and novices alike but I think it is capable of taking any and all to the next level.

Anybody who would ever consider dedicating themselves to the pursuit of steelhead, be it as a hobby or a full-time quest, should view this DVD!

Don

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-15-2011, 10:04 PM
After watching this unbelievable DVD I will no longer have to rely on Night Crawlers.............

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-15-2011, 10:06 PM
If you want to book a day with Scott Howell I think he has two days open for the 2011-2012 season?

Don Powell
01-15-2011, 10:41 PM
Oh, C'mon Bill,
Never underestimate the "power" of the night crawler...
(or at least, the pink worm "fly")

All kidding aside, Scott Howell shows us up close and personal how a man who has dedicated his adult life to the pursuit of anadromous fish approaches life on a daily basis seeking to connect with a most revered and precious entity. Different seasons, conditions lead to modifications in techniques. I have figured some of this out based on years of experience, failure > success, but Scott's insight confirms what I have learned and teaches me what to do to take my passion to the next level...

It is a great DVD I would recommend to anyone serious about steelhead.

Don

jbird
01-15-2011, 11:32 PM
Just dont emmulate his river etiquette if you value your life....or the tires on your rig :-/